• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Anyone tried Shredtime from ASN?

Oilucy

ASN were promoting this on FB recently and I'm wondering whether anyone here can verify that its as good as they make out.
It is supposed to help you sleep better and burn BF whilst you sleep. Sounds too good to be true if you ask me!

ASN..Pffft. They'll try to sell sand to the Arabs.

If it sounds too good it probably is.

Prolly just got stims I'm assuming.

Prolly just got stims I'm assuming.

Doubt it will have stims if it's supposed to help you sleep.

Then again I am not aware of the product, might look it up now.

EDIT:

Here you go

SHREDTIME PM BLEND:
Gamma-Aminobatyric Acid, L-Arginin AKG, L-Taurine, L-Tyrosine, 1,3-dibenzofurandione, 2,6-diaceytl-7, 9-dihydroxy-8,9b-dimethyl, 3,5-Diiode L-Thyronine, Raspberry Ketones

Other ingredients:
Citric Acid, Natural & Artificial Flavours, Sucralose, Silica

Last edited:
Doubt it will have stims if it's supposed to help you sleep.

Then again I am not aware of the product, might look it up now.

EDIT:

Here you go

SHREDTIME PM BLEND:
Gamma-Aminobatyric Acid, L-Arginin AKG, L-Taurine, L-Tyrosine, 1,3-dibenzofurandione, 2,6-diaceytl-7, 9-dihydroxy-8,9b-dimethyl, 3,5-Diiode L-Thyronine, Raspberry Ketones

Other ingredients:
Citric Acid, Natural & Artificial Flavours, Sucralose, Silica

I should've read it closer. Yeah no stims sorry.

1,3-dibenzofurandione, 2,6-diaceytl-79-dihydroxy-8,9b-dimethyl, is Usnic acid. I dont really know what it does. Wikipedia said somthing about hepatoxicity in users...

3,5-Diiode L-Thyronine should speed up your thyroid. Ive used it before. Its not bad if you can get it cheap. Not worth anything over $15. Get PES shift instead or Iforce TT33.

I've read about Usnic Acid being hepatoxic. Wonder why they don't state it as Usnic Acid.

If a product name contains words like "shred" or "bulk" or "massive" etc. then 99.9% of the time it will be snake oil.

Don't be so sure. Usnic Acid is quite potent, probably should be a controlled substance.

I was quite sure it was banned......maybe thats why the long abbreviated names on labels are being used to disguise ingredients.

I found this on the FDA's website: April-June 2013 Research Highlights

May 31
Hepatotoxicity of Usnic Acid-Containing Dietary Supplements

NCTR scientists’ studies suggest that compromised metabolism could explain an association in clinical cases of severe liver injury in certain individuals that consume usnic acid-containing dietary supplements. Experiments with liver cell cultures demonstrated that inhibition of cytochrome enzyme activity (CYP1A and CYP3A), known to metabolize usnic acid, increased toxic response. It is also known that usnic acid is mainly metabolized by cytochrome CYP1A and CYP3A with human liver microsomes. This indicates usnic acid hepatotoxicity may be more likely to occur in individuals deficient in CYP1A or CYP3A activity. A manuscript describing the results of this study was recently accepted for publication in Journal of Applied Toxicology.
For additional information, please contact Qiang Shi, Ph.D., Division of Systems Biology, FDA/NCTR.

When searching the FDA's website you get many hits for toxicology results see here: Search Results: Usnic Acid

If this link fails simpy go to U S Food and Drug Administration Home Page and search "Usnic Acid"

On it now

ASN were promoting this on FB recently and I'm wondering whether anyone here can verify that its as good as they make out.
It is supposed to help you sleep better and burn BF whilst you sleep. Sounds too good to be true if you ask me!

I'm currently taking this product. Day 5 and yes it helps me sleep. Immediately after I take it I get a heavy tingling feeling similar to failure, really heavy limbs and a prickly feeling on my face. Its strange but only lasts about 2min, then I feel sleepy. I've lost 3 kilo in approx 9 days but am training twice a day, Spin and weights. I am also on a very low carb diet and mainly protein and complexed carbs. Couldn't say weather it works but I am getting a good 8 hours sleep. Time will tell but I don't think this product is for me long term, I don't really think the side effects I am experiencing are good for my body. SQ :) :)

i bought something from asn once.....the bloke that served was unhelpful as he possibly could be and there pricing was on par with gnc prices..... never ever returned and never will.... unliked em on the book book too...

i bought something from asn once.....the bloke that served was unhelpful as he possibly could be and there pricing was on par with gnc prices..... never ever returned and never will.... unliked em on the book book too...
Yeah don't think I'd be buying anything from ASN or GNC

Only thing i would ever consider buying from ASN is DNP... now that shit really does burn fat while ya (try to) sleep

Only thing i would ever consider buying from ASN is DNP... now that shit really does burn fat while ya (try to) sleep

ASN sells DNP? I don't think so!

Don't know if any Pros recommend DNP anyways.