• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Arnold Schwarzenaggers Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding

Mickdog

Was following the beginers program and diet and have not achived too much at all. What are peoples oppionions of this book?

This worked for arnie later on when he was at his peak and using heavy poundages...when your starting out you need the compounds as often as possible.

If i remember correctly it doesn't have anything on his early years when he was a powerlifter / strongman. Which is where most of his mass would have come from.

I used to call it my bible and used his twice a day training program to some success but that was while working at a gym and eating 8 big meals a day. It was fun but I wouldn't recommend it for everybody.

Search IRON AGE- CLASSIC BODYBUILDING ON THE NET!. I think I read about something of Arnie's old programs on there once.

I have to go and read my "bible" again for old time's sake...

There's another great book you'd like. Beyond Bodybuilding. It's full of really good work out methods. Written by a guy called Pavel.

You'd be better off reading that or our beginner thread.

i brought the book as i'm a huge arnie fan. i havent looked at it for a while, but from what i recall i wasnt a fan of the programs. The book was first published like 15-20 years ago??? There have been alot of advances in bodybuilding theories since then. Also i remember laughing at the advanced trainings and two a days, thinking, no person who trains naturally could achieve this. It is also funny howhe condemns steroids throughout the book. Personally i wouldnt base my training around it. I am a huge fan of charles poliquin. he has some great books, and has trained sh1t loads of gold medallists.

mick

Mrs bought me the book lots of great pictures...

Good read I think, I have taken bits And pieces from it like I do everything and adapted what will work for me..