• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Australian Equipment Manufacturers ?

Most imported stuff is made from very thin tin (still metal but not construction grade BHP steel sections).

Then it bolts together, and the bolts work lose, or the sections bend and collapse loosening the bolts or the hole elongate and wear from use after only a few years use)

I would always buy one of these old Samson benches from eBay for a few $$$ before I would buy any imported rubbish, seen these benches and other gear sell very very cheaply.

Saw a Samson bench sell the other day for $30 on eBay, I bought my press/squat stands for $20 and they were as new, calf raise machine I payed $50 for. Lat Pulldown machine was $150 from memory all bought second hand and solid as a rock.:)

But each to their own.

I've got the commercial MM power rack. I'm assuming its Chinese made? That thing will survive anything a human can throw at it. The problem is cost, I am sure someone locally can easily make something just as good but I'm not willing to pay twice the amount for it.

I haven't seen the Samson stuff in person but it doesn't look that great from pictures. The bench especially.

Imported quality is pretty good for the commercial versions and the value is decent. You'd have to admit you buy the smason gear now cause its fair priced now to. $140 for the bench 27 years ago isn't the same as 140 today.

It was actually this plyo box i thought was cool but expensive

https://www.hartsport.com.au/products/6-288-60

Yeah i probably wouldn't buy anything from them

Rock Solid looks good for really hardcore equiipment. They have no prices on their website, i am sure they are all high

I have purchased from rock solid.

Do not recommend at all.

Didn't make deadlines.
Didn't get what I paid for.
Was pained instead of powder coated like I paid for.
Needed modification when I got it.

What he is charging 3500 for, can now be found for 2200.

Do not recommend at all.

Didn't make deadlines.

What aussie manufactures do you recommend. When trying to buy aussie made stuff I have run into similar problems a couple times now. It ends up being so much easier to just get the overseas made stuff sent with none of the hassles and usually cheaper.

Do not recommend at all.

Didn't make deadlines.

Thats sad to hear. Hopefully it was an exception, not the rule with their service. The higher end the products are a customer sells, the better the service you expect. Sorinex, Elite fts etc in the US, man they go above and beyond with service. They do outfit many of the nations college and high school weight rooms which is big bickies

What aussie manufactures do you recommend. When trying to buy aussie made stuff I have run into similar problems a couple times now. It ends up being so much easier to just get the overseas made stuff sent with none of the hassles and usually cheaper.

Hart for plates

Aus barbell for bars

Everything else custom.

Thats why Im starting to make benches, combos, stands ect because there isnt any aussie stuff around, especially at a decent price.

Scott, what skills do you need to know to be able to build your own equipment?

Welding is all that really pops into my head, anything else?

Being able to weld, know what materials to use, and know how to construct the equipment so it actually works like its supposed to