• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Australian Fishing Adventures

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
So who's into fishing? Where abouts do you go fishing? Salt or freshwater fishing?
Show us your gear, Show us your boat, show us your catch or just chat about your fishing adventures.

My most memorable catch is also my most smallest catch, a baby murry cod about 5 inches big , i reeled it in and it was motionless didn't budge , so grabbed it shoved back in the water and moved it back and forth for a little bit getting the water flowing in the gills again , it gave a kick and off it swam.

Or then there was the time fishing down at the warmies/hotties Warmies” at Newport power station in williamstown Melbourne. My dad brother and I the place was full of other fishing people many thousands of dollars of gear all trying to get a catch , this little kid about 8-9 rocks up with his kmart rod and reel with his aunty , the aunty was chatting to us saying the kid just brought the outfit and wanted to try it out , they were their for about 30mins when the little shit caught the only fish for the whole area , a little tacker a few inches big. He was proud as punch and off they went home, meanwhile the rest of us are their freezing our arses off and not even a bite

ok that story wasn't Australian , but had to do with fishing so shoved it here

Carp might be a crap fish but they do put up a good fight when you aren't catching any other fish

So who's into fishing? Where abouts do you go fishing? Salt or freshwater fishing?
Show us your gear, Show us your boat, show us your catch or just chat about your fishing adventures.

i fish a bit around point cook, werribee south, newport and occasionally ballarat. no boat at the moment but im saving! hopefully by the end of the year i'll have one

had two boats (well not mine one was my dads the other was my brother's boat) one was a savage jabiru which was a hybrid of a flat bottom and a vbottom , the other was a flat bottom , great around the lakes and up the murry

If you love fishing, discuss anything about it here,

Questions
Experiences
Fishing Trip Reports.
Tackle
Rigs, knots
Boats
Fishing Spot & Secret Spots

Yup, I been out from Port Sea but scuba diving... ^^

beautiful weather

This guy certainly had a big catch. World record catch.

US man reels in and eats 360kg shark

The mako shark tipped the scales at 360kg and measured 335cm long, making it the biggest of its breed ever reeled in from land.
For perspective, the shark weighs as much as three Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnsons, and is as tall as Tom Hanks and Danny DeVito put together.
Joey Polk reeled in the leviathan from a beach in northern Florida after fighting with it for about an hour.
"We tried to revive the fish and send him back out, but he was too worn out to swim," Mr Polk said.
"That's why we decided to keep him."ds
His cousin Earnie Polk was the previous record-holder, and was on hand to witness the struggle.
To celebrate the catch, the Polks barbecued the massive fish, feeding members of the community for free.
"It was really good," Mr Polk told the Daily News.
"It's not real fishy. It does not have a real gamy, fishy taste."
He intended on keeping the catch a secret for fear of having his family fishing spot discovered, but came forward after a photo of the shark in the back of his ute went viral.
Of the 300 sharks the family has reeled in last year alone, only 20 were kept. The remainder were released alive, with more tagged for the National Marine Fisheries Service.

2204_shark_sp.ashx

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2014/04/22/15/00/us-man-reels-in-and-eats-360kg-shark

I'm gonna check the Fisheries website when I get home. I do find it strange they are not protected.

Just looked it up.
Vic and Nsw have a bag limit of one and no size limit.

A few sharks are totally protected. Grey nurse, great whites, some hammerheads and wobbegong.