• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Awesome beef rissoles

eaglebay

I have posted this within threads before but these really deserve their own.

Here is the original recipe:

Ingredients
1 kg beef mince
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 button mushrooms, finely chopped
½ cup grated cheese
½ cup grated carrot
2 teaspoons Italian herbs
1 teaspoon crushed garlic
Dash BBQ sauce
Dash Worcestershire sauce
1 egg 2 tablespoons olive oil

Method
Combine all ingredients except oil in a bowl.
Roll balls the about the size of a plum
Cook in a pan on stove top

I make a few changes, use 1 whole finely grated carrot, 3 crushed garlic cloves, tablespoon of chilli flakes or to taste, 1 cup of grated cheese and then form them to a decent sized patty and cook them in a george forman/breville grill. This is important as they will fall apart in a frying pan, the grill cooks them well and then they're nice and firm to serve.

Any leftover meat that doesnt fit in the grill can be rolled in puff pastry for awesome sausage rolls!

Enjoy:D

good to see your posting Gary. They look pretty easy to prepare. I was wondering, what do you have as sides? Rice? I googled and all I see is salad. Sorry for the silly question but i am not accustomed to western cuisine.

You could also add, grated zucchini, chili to taste, teaspoon of nutmeg, cumin, a couple of eggs and some chopped coriander.

Don't use BBQ sauce it is full of sugar

Cheers sookie, had a few setbacks but its hard to stay away from lifting for long :) I usually have them with rice and steamed veg

I made these tonight and forgot to add the bbq and worcestershire sause and hardly noticed the difference, I did serve some tomato sauce though. But its a very simple recipe and can be changed easily, some good adittions there Andy which I will have to try next time

I made these from the old thread they were in, very nice. A dash of BBQ sauce isnt that much, well to me its not, but I also didnt notice the the difference when I didnt use BBQ sauce (probably because I never use much). When I cooked them, I cooked them in the oven though, I much prefer them this way than in a frying fan. Havent tried the foreman grill might give it a go.

I had never thought of roasting them, how long do they take in the oven?

The foreman/brevill drains away the excess moisture which helps keep them nice and firm. Rarely do they go dry, but can depending on the quality of meat used and if they have been cooked for too long

I had my leftovers for lunch yesterday, yum