• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Back muscle building.

8925skak

Hey guys, i get pains in my back sometimes and I was wondering if anyone knows some excersizes to strengthen it. I dont wanna use weights to build muscle up because I am still young and could damage my back, so i need a few back excersizez i can do using my own weight. Cheers.

I've had back problems for a large part of my life, due to an old rugby accident. First and foremost, the best thing you can do is stretch every day. Stretch at least once, in the morning but preferably two or three times. Stretch as if you are stretching your legs out, because this stretches your upper body to and it loosens your hips which in turn loosens your spinal column.

If your back is really sore one day, lie on your back with a heat pack underneath, and then go for a long walk as it will loosen you up. I would avoid chiropractors, are really good massage is the best thing.

To strengthen, do proper situps, back arched exercises. Hope that helps.

Hey guys, i get pains in my back sometimes and I was wondering if anyone knows some excersizes to strengthen it. I dont wanna use weights to build muscle up because I am still young and could damage my back, so i need a few back excersizez i can do using my own weight. Cheers.

Which part of your back does you get the pains?

You can do hyper extensions, maybe chin ups too.
And, don't know the name of this one, but like a reverse push up hanging face up from a bar.

Uhmm thanks guys, its not reallya stinging pain or anything, its just sometimes after standing up for awile it gets sore, or sitting for a bit. I think it could be because of bad posture but i havnt worked out my back much so it could mean the muscles in the rest of my body are weighing down my back too much. Also a heavy bag for school dosnt help ;)

Go see a Doctor.

Otherwise I also suffer bad posture. However since I have isolated and amped my rear Delt exercises, with reverse flyes and behind the neck military press. I have noticed magor improvements, though without surgury you'll never correct it fully on your own.
It could also have alot to do with your feet if you are standing all day.
Like I said go see a Doctor.

yeee wide grip chin ups would help and or maybe lower back extension exercises...
but poopoohead is right a doctor should be first step maybe u shudnt be working out at all..

I have the same pain. I fell 12m out of a tree when I was 12, and landed on my back. I get little pains when I sit in one position for too long (Like, several hours on a computer seat), but it hasn't impeded my back training at all. It never hurts during or after my back workouts.