• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Back problems need a belt

YoHoJo

I suffer from back problems and I also what to start deadlifting and squatting, I was thinking a belt would help keep everything tight and ease the pain that could come from deads and squats, what belt should I get? I don't really want to spend a fortune

I suffer from back problems and I also what to start deadlifting and squatting, I was thinking a belt would help keep everything tight and ease the pain that could come from deads and squats, what belt should I get? I don't really want to spend a fortune

First do you have problems doing deads or squats without a belt.

If you don't I would say skip the belt and very slowly build up strength on squats and deads and you will strengthen your back at the same time.

First do you have problems doing deads or squats without a belt.

If you don't I would say skip the belt and very slowly build up strength on squats and deads and you will strengthen your back at the same time.

I don't know, I haven't really tried I don't want to hurt it and be out of work, any reasons against a belt? Also I have a really curvy back maybe that's why is get sore easily

The belt isnt a bandaid
If you cant squat or deadlift without it, its not a good idea to whack a belt on and hope for the best.

As for not wanting to hurt yourself, start very light and build up slowly

You shouldn't wear a belt if you cant perform these motions without one. Go and see someone to help you with form etc.

I don't know, I haven't really tried I don't want to hurt it and be out of work, any reasons against a belt? Also I have a really curvy back maybe that's why is get sore easily

You will strengthen your back more without the belt but if you need the belt to squat and deadlift I have no problem with that. Doing squats and deads with a belt in better than not doing them at all.

You will strengthen your back more without the belt but if you need the belt to squat and deadlift I have no problem with that. Doing squats and deads with a belt in better than not doing them at all.

Yeah but it doesn't sound like he's even tried it unweighted or with just the bar.

seems like a bit of a cop out - sure use a belt when going really heavy, but it'd be much more beneficial to build up strength in your back without the belt imo. Also look at finding the reason for the bad back if you haven't already? if due to poor posture, work towards improving that to improve the back pain.