• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Back under the bar.

Tall_Tim

Hi semi-newbie here

Names Tim, Im getting back into building muscle after a few years off. I lifted weights a few years ago for a while (from 18 to 20) and had was starting to see results as people around me started asking "do you work out?"

Anyways, Im 23 now, Ive been outta weights for a a long time now due to interests in Karate and work commitments and Im not happy with my appearance anymore. Also not being with school friends as often anymore means no training partners, so I bought weights and workout from home. I know its not a good as going to a gym however I did not like the atmosphere in the local gyms, they are more fitness based rather than "hardcore" gyms and tend to have big headed people there too. Besides that the good gyms cost soo much to join it works out better for me to lift at home. I even had some kid point at me and make some remark out me to his friends as I used a leg press when I visited one. Being 6'4'' and 75 kilos Im a cursed ectomorph - I will never be a competitor however I believe anyone can look better through weight training as I have done it before.

My biggest problem is having long arms and legs is that it always been hard to gain size, and now my arms and legs are really skinny (however they are very flexible due to Karate) and have good endurance - but not size. While I want to improve all areas of my physique however my arms and legs need more work than anything else at the moment.

Im here to improve my appearance and put on some healthy weight without compromising my flexibility or speed and I appreciate any and all advice.

Looking forward to learning more with you guys

Tim

Hi Tim,

Long arms and legs suck, I have long arms too.
You can fill out your frame, just fix up your diet and get consistent with training.

However, I really don't see how will not compromise speed when holding extra bodyweight, especially in the limbs.
That's like trying to punch someone with a 3kg dumbbell in your hand, you will be slower, but will have more power.
Then again, if your strength increases proportionally, you may not lose much speed.
Sprinters are well built and have the maximum speed.