• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bad days at the gym,

12 beers is well over 1000 cals, unless he is on mega calories he would have had to give up all his carbs.

But it reality he probably just added the beers to whatever he was going to eat anyway and went over his calorie intake by 1000+ calories.

Over 10 years of training i've had these regularly. I have found it is one of two things:

Of course, the main thing you look at is your motivation, you feel as though you're lacking and it is a mindset thing and you push yourself through, even though you're not feeling it.

The second (which can be misconstrued for the first) is actually a symptom of over training. If you've been training for a while without a break (and I mean a true break) take a week or two off the gym. You will be surprised how energized you are.

Note; taking a week off is for those of us who train incredibly hard. I've had clients who feel the need to take a week off here and there when they've missed weeks, or only trained once that week. If you've been hitting the gym hard 3-4-5 days a week without a week off for months on end - it is often a good idea to take one off. It will lift your mood, spirit and energy levels. Worked for myself, anyhow.

Shrek: you leaned out? Looking good mate!

Last edited:
12 beers is well over 1000 cals, unless he is on mega calories he would have had to give up all his carbs.

But it reality he probably just added the beers to whatever he was going to eat anyway and went over his calorie intake by 1000+ calories.

For a 100kg bloke, 1000 calories of beer has about 80g carbs add in 200g protein 80g fat is 2500 calories. That is doable, with room to add some more carbs. Not many 100kg guys would need to go below 2500cal very often or at all.

I usually drink Jim beam zero, 15 cans is 1000 calories, allows plenty of room to get protein and fat in.

everyone goes through times like this. i know i do. solution , go to youtube, type in "zhasni"..watch and be motivated

I had nothing to eat that day except a protein shake for breakfast. Sorry to the OP never meant to make this about me.

EEEKK!!!

All day no food an then 12 beers. My guts would have been churning up.

Don't know how you do it bud.

I would have chundered for sure...
throw_up.gif

Vomit.gif

I would have chundered for sure...
throw_up.gif

Vomit.gif

lol'd at pic :p

Back on topic tho - I prob have the odd day maybe 4-5 training sessions during the year where I am just not feeling it and I either leave (if really bad) or try and push through it but i'll change the training up to exercises I love or higher sets/reps....

At the end of the day if your having a really bad session and feel you cant complete it then get outa the gym, go eat a good meal...regroup and train it again through the week...

If I do have a bad session I will always complete that session in the same week at some point...