• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Benching for Oly lifts

Mate, I do what I do because I enjoy it, I'm 35years old, I'm past my used by date in a sport that I am only really just getting into. I'm not about to stop doing what I'm doing to go and get strong because some bloke on the Internet said to. Thanks all the same

I'm not telling you to do anything, I was making a point. If you re-read my post I wasn't having a go at you specifically either, I think it'd apply to every single person on this forum bar maybe 4 members.

I'm not telling you to do anything, I was making a point. If you re-read my post I wasn't having a go at you specifically either, I think it'd apply to every single person on this forum bar maybe 4 members.

I got your point and I didn't think you were having a go, I'm just explaining my situation.

I remember someone (I think it was actually one of the girls from this forum, not sure though) getting shoulder problems from too much overhead work and not enough horizontal pushing, thus needing to strengthen her chest to balance out her shoulders. So there may be a case for bench press or some other form of chest exercise as a preventative measure in Oly lifting, too. Just throwing it out there.

It's not in my program, but that's not to say its stupid...

I'd have to read back through, but haven't both sides argued that its appropriate in a program for the right individual...

I went for the romaleos, the Adidas were too expensive

I'd be doing the same if I was buying now, buying Romaleos locally would have worked out about 20 or 30 cheaper than buying the Adipowers I did last year from the US.

What colour did you get? I've always liked the red and gold because of the Chinese team's old shoes. But I do like the stark white ones.

I'd be doing the same if I was buying now, buying Romaleos locally would have worked out about 20 or 30 cheaper than buying the Adipowers I did last year from the US.

What colour did you get? I've always liked the red and gold because of the Chinese team's old shoes. But I do like the stark white ones.

Yellow

I thought they were green!!!

But they work out close to $80 cheaper!!
Adi's are $300? I pay $220 I think

Mate, I do what I do because I enjoy it, I'm 35years old, I'm past my used by date in a sport that I am only really just getting into. I'm not about to stop doing what I'm doing to go and get strong because some bloke on the Internet said to. Thanks all the same

I TOLD you this was cognitive dissonance!
You don't bench because you don't like it. You train the traditional lifts because you love and enjoy it. This doesn't make benching inherently bad, you're just justifying your actions

It's fine.

Yellow

I thought they were green!!!

But they work out close to $80 cheaper!!
Adi's are $300? I pay $220 I think

Oh yeah, a lot of people are rocking the yellow ones now, including Lu Xiaojun.

I bought my Adipowers for the RRP of $200 plus like $50 shipping, but I think I had a 20% off code so it worked out really well.

Anyone wanting to spend less on shoes should try for the no-brand china shoes at around $80-100, I think the weightlifting association in QLD sells some on their site

Oh yeah, a lot of people are rocking the yellow ones now, including Lu Xiaojun.

I bought my Adipowers for the RRP of $200 plus like $50 shipping, but I think I had a 20% off code so it worked out really well.

Anyone wanting to spend less on shoes should try for the no-brand china shoes at around $80-100, I think the weightlifting association in QLD sells some on their site

What about do-wins?

I use to bench but I don't anymore, don't really see the point of it, just tightens my chest up and makes it harder to snatch, more of a press man now

ONI, I don't know if you can read or not, but at this point in time I'm guessing not.

The above was posted by me on page 3. I also think you're using cognitive dissonance in the wrong context. Go back and read the whole thread before posting here again.

What about do-wins?

I hear a lot of mixed reviews on quality. Some people have them for years and they're fine, others fall apart within months. The old 2011 models are still being sold but the new Pendlay ones with the plastic heels look the business, not sure if you can get them in 'plain' Do-Win without Pendlay branding. I think they'll be a popular shoe because they at least look similar to Adidas and Nike but at quite a lot cheaper

ONI, I don't know if you can read or not, but at this point in time I'm guessing not.

The above was posted by me on page 3. I also think you're using cognitive dissonance in the wrong context. Go back and read the whole thread before posting here again.

Bah, those grapes just tighten up my chest- eating more of them probably wouldn't help me anyway

Bah, those grapes just tighten up my chest- eating more of them probably wouldn't help me anyway

Still the wrong context champ

A better example would be that I want to bench press, but I suck at it, so I don't bench and hate on it. Bench is my best lift compared to my dead and squat, going off my bench my squat and dead should be higher, these are the areas that need the most work, not my bench, so this isn't really the case is it?

Get mum to read this for you and make sure you understand it before your next post

Something being a better example doesn't mean it's not CD
Koklyaev is a better example of a weightlifter than you, doesn't mean you're not a weightlifter. Speaking of which:

Koklyaev took 2 years off weightlifting to focus on strongman. Here is he benching:
Bench press 220 kg/ 484 lb for 3 times (personal record) - YouTube

But one day he thought "fuck it, I'm going to snatch" and put up a 192.5kg hang snatch having only done them once in the two years

192,5 kg My first training and bigest snatch after two years without OL weightlifting. - YouTube

Damn, that benching really made him tight, he can barely get into position huh. Looks like it hurt his jerks too

Mikhail Koklyaev Jerk Behind the Neck from 210 to 270 kg - YouTube

Fark me, you can't read, can you.

I'm not a weightlifter, I've never competed, benching tightens my chest, hurts my snatch, gets full of sand and shit, awful