• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Best getting back into it routine?

howzit

I've been on a 2 month break due to exams and moving country and I started back last week. I have the ability to train twice a day and have been doing that most of last week. I've noticed decreases in strength between 60-80% with my bench being the most effected. I bench around 60% of what I used to. I also lost around 5kg, might be loss of water mainly, haven't been drinking as much. Haven't really seen much of a decrease in size overall :S

After my workout everything hurts real bad. I continued doing my old split with lighter weights and doing it twice a week instead of once.

Any recommendations on the most effective routine to "get back into it"? Or just continue what I'm doing?

Thanks

I always start with a 5x5 routine after a lengthy break, it's great for gradually getting back to full swing and yo only need to workout 3 times pr week.

I was thinking of doing the 5x5 when I get my strength back and will be supplementing super pump and size on.

Shrek, what workouts have you found effective?

Need more protein in your diet and sups if you're hurting that bad after.

I haven't been taking any sups, no protein shakes. But I'm eating a lot of natural proteins, heaps of steak, eggs, tuna, salmon etc. My 20kg bag (for $330), should be coming Monday/Tuesday.