• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Best iPhone application for BB & log keeping

Are you serious Rick? Your goal is to deadlift 90kg x 8 and you've already been lifting for 3 years. Your worried about people thinking your a newbie so you wont use pen and paper, is that because you cant pick a pen up?

Rick, FFS, throw your phone in the bin and go and pick something up.

After 3 years of lifting, you still havent reached novice level yet.

Threads like this highlight the fact that you know little about lifting, after 3 years.

Every client in my gym uses pen and paper, I guess theyre all novices lol

Read more, lift more, post less.

I'm actually trying to help.
Perhaps it's responses like this that make him feel like a newbie/intimidated? There's constructive criticism and there's criticism... I think the former goes a lot further.

But Markos is a self professed **** so that makes his negative posts acceptable around here apparently.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it more useful to give helpful advice than to just pop in to say someone else's advice is no good.

He was losing his grip on deadlifts, and was wondering how to record his workout. Me and Dave told him to reset his grip when he needed to, to do chinups, and just write his workout down on paper, not worry about the big guys.

If others have better advice I'd be interested to see it, always more to learn.

Rick, now that I think of it, I would like to add that you shouldn't let the presence of bigger or stronger guys intimidate you. You'll usually find they ignore you completely the first month or two - that's because 75% of new gym members give up in the first month, and 90% in the first three months. They don't want to make the effort to get to know someone who'll be gone soon anyway. But if you're still around in a few months, they'll start talking to you.

Once they talk to you, you'll realise there's nothing to be scared about. They won't mock your lifts or the size of your biceps, the truly strong respect other lifters, it's the slightly strong who don't. Years under the iron failing heaps of times teaches you some humility. After those first few months, you'll find them friendly and helpful.

Never be ashamed of your lifts. It doesn't matter what you lift today, only that you lift more, or lift the same more times than you did yesterday.

Last edited:
Cheers Kyle.
t's all good on the critisism, I know I'm still learning so Im taking everything in, even if it's abrupt.