• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

best routine

awol

Hey guys im fairly new to bodybuilding, been weight training for about 2 months, just getting the groove of how things work.
After reading and researching endlessly, trying to find the best amount of reps and sets, routines etc, i must admit im exhausted yet addicted. However i dont want to spend endless months planning, but rather find one i can dedicate myself to.
My question is what is the best routine suited to someone in my position for purely muscle gains? im intrigued by 5x5 programs, but are there any that target muscle gains specifically?
all your help and responses are greatly appreciated :)

All weight traning will build muscle some will be more efficient for beginners than others though. Look at Fadi's 'Moving your body through space' program. Or PTC's PPP program. Both focus on the basic compound movements that will increase your strength and as a result muscle mass if your eating enough food.

Others will go into more detail, but stick to the basics and you'll see gains.

All weight traning will build muscle some will be more efficient for beginners than others though. Look at Fadi's 'Moving your body through space' program. Or PTC's PPP program. Both focus on the basic compound movements that will increase your strength and as a result muscle mass if your eating enough food.

Others will go into more detail, but stick to the basics and you'll see gains.

NDR end of story

hey thanks for the link.

just so you guys get an idea of what i have now this is my routine:
Sunday
Back:
Deadlift (4 sets)
Bent over barbell row (3 sets)
Lat pull down (3 sets)
Chinups 3x failure

Biceps:
Standing Barbell Curl (4 sets)
Barbell preacher curl (3 sets)

Monday:
Chest:
Flat DB Bench press (4 sets)
Inclince DB Bench Press ( 3 sets)
Flat flys (3 sets)
Bench Dips 3x failure

Triceps:
Close Grip Bench Press (4 Sets)
Skull Crushers (3 sets)

Tuesday:
Cardio 45 mins (skipping, abs, etc)

Wednesday:
Thighs:
Squats (4sets)
DB lunges (3 sets)
Leg Extensions (3 sets)

Thursday:
Cardio (same as tues)

Friday:
Shoulders:
Seated overhead DB press (4 sets)
Side lateral raises (3 sets)

Calves:
seated and standing calve raises (4 sets each)

Saturday;
Light cardio

Diet:
Meal one: 1 cup oatmeal, 1 shake ( 3 eggs, 1 scoop protein powder, oats)
Meal two: Pb sandwich and banana
Meal three: 8oz chicken with brown rice
Meal four: 1 post workout shake (similar to meal 1 shake)
Meal five: Fish, brown rice
Meal six: 125grams of cottage cheese.

should i boot this routine off and stick with something simpler or am i heading down the right track?

boot the routine and go with something simpler. as suggested above, check out Fadi's or PTC's beginner programs on this site and go from there

As stated above keep it simple mate, get stuck into bench, squats, deads, chins and more squats.

5x5 is the shit - great mass builder and strength - just lift heavy with good form. Works for me everytime

hi guys,..
Workout routines are what exercises, how many sets, how many reps etc. that you do for each muscle. For example, 3 sets of the flat bench press, 3 sets on the incline bench press, and 2 sets of flat bench dumbell flyes is an example of one of the many chest weightlifting workout routines. A workout split is a term given to how you split up your workout. What days you do what muscle on. For example, doing biceps back and legs on Monday, and doing triceps shoulders and chest on Thursday is a workout split. Here i will give you some sample workout routines, the routine I use, and tell you how to make your own workout routine.

I love the internet.