• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Biggest Total by an Australian

420/270/320

I don't understand single ply.... I assume its the suit?

No doubt it adds a lot for squats... But what about bench and deadlift?

single ply is the suit yes.

Wayne has stood up with 400kg before so probably added 30-40kg to his raw squat. He has benched 235(?) raw, and deadlift 330kg raw as well.

by his own admission he isn't a very good equipped lifter though

So the suit does assist bench?

When I watched it.... I couldn't see any real obvious assistance from the suit???

Because I don't know what I'm talking about... The bench and deadlift looked like raw lifts to me..

So the suit does assist bench?

When I watched it.... I couldn't see any real obvious assistance from the suit???

Because I don't know what I'm talking about... The bench and deadlift looked like raw lifts to me..

The deadlift may have been done raw (didn't pay much attention)
Because of the way he lifts I don't see him getting much more than 5kg out of a suit anyway.

All his lifts looked exactly like they do raw (technique wise).
Which is why he is a poor(er) equipped lifter lol

Wayne Howlett »

110kg different b/w his raw (no wraps) total and single ply total

75kg difference b/w his raw (with wraps) total and single ply total

Not everyone turns a 100kg raw bench into a 180kg single ply bench like Minh lol

I think most benchers get around 30% from single ply
Not sure about squat and deadlift suits it all seems pretty lifter dependant
Malan gets like 30kg from his squat suit lol

I was the tall spotter in the red shirt, was absolutely amazing to be there witnessing the lifts.

Wayne is just crazy strong raw, he tends to train raw more so than equipped but he's starting to use the equipment more and more.

The bench equipment is a shirt, not a suit.

Here are some examples - METAL Sport & Wear - [ GOMETAL.COM ]

Once he masters the equipment I imagine his strength will only continue to rise.

I think most benchers get around 30% from single ply
Not sure about squat and deadlift suits it all seems pretty lifter dependant
Malan gets like 30kg from his squat suit lol

Emma gets 33% from hers. (Though 22.5kg is a lot at sub-100kg lifts)
I got 55% out of a single ply shirt first time I tried one, but that didn't touch
I wore the same shirt not long ago and only got 16% out of it as I had lost a but of size (and this was getting the shirt properly set by Sherro as well)

fucked up when you think that this is the biggest aussie total in equipment, and there are 20yr old kids in the US doing totals like that RAW