• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

BN flavours

McKwl

Overloaded Member
Anyone tried the new Pina COlada?

And, is there any chance they're going to offer 5x1kg instead of 1x5kg? Like, evar?! Fuuuuck, it's annoying to have just one flavour. :mad:

And, is there any chance they're going to offer 5x1kg instead of 1x5kg? Like, evar?! Fuuuuck, it's annoying to have just one flavour. :mad:

I don't think it will happen, it's the only thing that stops me buying all my protein from BN, and what had me buying No Bull protein.......but we all know how that ended:rolleyes:

Yeah not sure it will ever happen, it has been asked a number of times but they always respond with it is too expensive to do it due to their margins being too low of something to keep costs down for everyone.

Anyone tried the new Pina COlada?

The new Pina Colada flavour is getting very popular. We have already had those that trialed a 1kg buy and have re ordered a larger amount.

Regarding 5x 1kg mixed flavours, this could be something you will be able to do very soon!

Regarding 5x 1kg mixed flavours, this could be something you will be able to do very soon!
943297_10151526964994086_1650406161_n.jpg

Appreciate all the responses. Especially BN's - gives me some hope that I can continue to order from my favourite supps company. Thanks. :cool:

I have tried Pina Colada...its not bad...for me its a bit too sweet. I find that with a lot of protein companies over sweeten the protein they make. Not sure if it has too much flavouring as well. Its still nice for those who like theyre protein powder sweet. I guess we all have different tastes.

I tend to have protein powder with a lot of milk (like, 400ml+). Is that close to how you have it, Stevecro?

I'm also not a fan of overly sweet stuffs, so this is very relevant to me.

I have tried Pina Colada...its not bad...for me its a bit too sweet. I find that with a lot of protein companies over sweeten the protein they make. Not sure if it has too much flavouring as well. Its still nice for those who like theyre protein powder sweet. I guess we all have different tastes.

Definitely all have different tastes, I find all the BN flavours way too weak, to the point of hardly tasting them. Have not tried the Piña Colada, but have the Cookies and Cream to me it just tastes like vanilla, definitely not Cookies and Cream even if you have a spoon full straight.

No I had the Pina Colada with just water and I found the flavour quite strong and its very sweet even in water...well to my tastebuds. You could halve the sweetener in it and it would still be plenty.

Big Mick Im with you on the Cookies and Cream, didnt have any real taste, kinda of like a vanilla but not quite and I could taste the WPC through it, like the flavour was so weak that I could taste the raw whey through it.

The BN rice protein flavours are even weaker than the wpi.
Can't tell that the chocolate is chocolate, vanilla is slightly better.

The beauty of taste buds.
We're thankful for reviews from our customers though as every few months we re access the flavouring percentage.

If this thread was anything to go by though, we wouldn't really be getting anywhere on whether to make them weaker or stronger but what we can do is come up with an average from responses.

So for example, no conversation here will go unnoticed but it will be combined with peoples comments on our Facebook page / PM, in emails and also the events we sponsor with people coming up to our stand chatting to us.

All comments get collected and then if we find "the flavour" of the past few months has been mostly "too weak", we add more, if we find that it has been mostly "too sweet" we alter this accordingly too.

This has already happened with a few over the years. Vanilla especially was almost unanimous in that it was too sweet so this has been cut back.

A few others too have had a play around with going off months of averages.

The Vege proteins are a totally different flavouring system altogether having to keep these organic for that particular crowd. This is Stevia flavoured so the taste here compared to our protein's Chocolate or Vanilla's will be much different.

Yes...taste buds.
I once never thought I would ever like coffee drinks. I can't stop thinking of the flavour now.
Same with dark chocolate - hated it! Milk chocolate's would be all that I ate. Now I can't stand the "kiddy" taste of milk chocolate and choose dark every time and all this just over the past year or two.

I think it's got something to do with age too (in my case at least). Something must change over time when it comes to our taste buds.
We're just so different.

Last edited:
Imagine if there was an option to choose the strength of the flavour with your order?!
Select one of the following options: Piss weak, standard, or taste bud rapist.

Any new casein flavourx in the works BN?

We always adapt depending on high request but you would have to be the first person in quite a long while to request more flavours with our Micellar Casein.

The standard Chocolate and Vanilla is available for this based on it's popularity compared to WPI and WPC which receives the full list of choice.

If there is high demand for something, for sure, we'll listen.

The beauty of taste buds.
We're thankful for reviews from our customers though as every few months we re access the flavouring percentage.

If this thread was anything to go by though, we wouldn't really be getting anywhere on whether to make them weaker or stronger but what we can do is come up with an average from responses.

So for example, no conversation here will go unnoticed but it will be combined with peoples comments on our Facebook page / PM, in emails and also the events we sponsor with people coming up to our stand chatting to us.

All comments get collected and then if we find "the flavour" of the past few months has been mostly "too weak", we add more, if we find that it has been mostly "too sweet" we alter this accordingly too.

This has already happened with a few over the years. Vanilla especially was almost unanimous in that it was too sweet so this has been cut back.

A few others too have had a play around with going off months of averages.

The Vege proteins are a totally different flavouring system altogether having to keep these organic for that particular crowd. This is Stevia flavoured so the taste here compared to our protein's Chocolate or Vanilla's will be much different.

Yes...taste buds.
I once never thought I would ever like coffee drinks. I can't stop thinking of the flavour now.
Same with dark chocolate - hated it! Milk chocolate's would be all that I ate. Now I can't stand the "kiddy" taste of milk chocolate and choose dark every time and all this just over the past year or two.

I think it's got something to do with age too (in my case at least). Something must change over time when it comes to our taste buds.
We're just so different.

Personally I prefer a stronger flavour, definitely crank the Cookies and Cream up a few notches, as there is no taste of cookies and cream in it even with milk and using extra powder, it honestly tastes like vanilla to me. And I am definitely not the only one to think so.

Vanilla could also be more vanilla IMO, as it just tastes like milk in milk, does not really add any flavour.

I might be way off the mark for some people, but the best tasting protein powder I have ever had was Max's, nice strong flavours of what ever flavour it is, but just can not justify the price no matter how hard I try.:rolleyes: