• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bodybuilding and photoshop

I've watched photo shoots at Golds Venice with the fake plates, even picked them up, back in 1990. The plates were left out for anyone to see and pick up, its no secret.

I would imagine it'd be a tad difficult to hold a loaded barbell for a photo shoot.

All this isn't new here, often go to a forum (which has no traffic) that started in 1994 that I contributed in, and look at the old posts, like looking at this forum in that the same things are discussed, you younger blokes main concern back then would have been; how many pieces of leggo you had.
:)

Slight difference is that supplements work on the human body. Cars are fairly simple, however the human body is a completely different machine that we dont fully understand. The same effective drug doesn't always work on two different people.

I agree that the supplement industry is mainly bs but applying the same logic to cars to the human body doesn't fit.

Slight difference is that supplements work on the human body. Cars are fairly simple, however the human body is a completely different machine that we dont fully understand. The same effective drug doesn't always work on two different people.

I agree that the supplement industry is mainly bs but applying the same logic to cars to the human body doesn't fit.

Why so defensive? 'Add 50kg to your max bench in only 8 weeks!' (Muscletech ad, Flex Jan/Feb 2010) is a direct claim, similar to 'Car X is capable of reaching Y speeds'. We just place higher standards on car manufacturers than we do the supplement industry.

The bodybuilding industry is just generally full of shit - its not even like there are a handful of people with the genetics/work ethic to 'make it' - as the editing shows even they aren't the real deal.

Its sad they couldn't put together a magazine filled with 80-90kg guys with 8-10% bodyfat, articles on training 3-4 times a week and guys benching 180kg. It would be impressive to anyone who wasn't a 14 year old with a dragon ball z fetish and it would be honest.

Oliver.
That would be an extremely boring magazine

The reason why a forum slows down is because members get it.

That the secret to this is there isn't one.

Why so defensive? 'Add 50kg to your max bench in only 8 weeks!' (Muscletech ad, Flex Jan/Feb 2010) is a direct claim, similar to 'Car X is capable of reaching Y speeds'. We just place higher standards on car manufacturers than we do the supplement industry.

The bodybuilding industry is just generally full of shit - its not even like there are a handful of people with the genetics/work ethic to 'make it' - as the editing shows even they aren't the real deal.

Its sad they couldn't put together a magazine filled with 80-90kg guys with 8-10% bodyfat, articles on training 3-4 times a week and guys benching 180kg. It would be impressive to anyone who wasn't a 14 year old with a dragon ball z fetish and it would be honest.

Oli not defensive, I know there claims are bullshit almost 100% of the time. And I'd like to see mor realistic magazines. I'm just saying the comparison doesn't work. Was just saying the comparison was slightly different.

I saw a "fat magnet" last night. It made me lol.

Stupid people deserve to waste their money.

That's somewhat scary about how the fake plates were left juz laying around! I guess if you live in that type of area, you'd be well acustomed to fake things though.

Oli, you're magazine would a)be very boring, b)would not sell very much & c)not sell very much.

Magazines like Muscular Development would be atleast 60% advertisments for supplements. That's how these publications stay afloat. They make very little from articles. Do supplements work? Probably. They would only make up a small % of effect made. For any decent result, you need a prolonged use of a supplement, not use xyz's creatine for a month.

What forum do you speak of SB? It's true. The big secret is that there is no secret. The best training program is the one you're probably not on. The best diet is the one you're probably not on.

Powerbuilder,

Jay Trigg's garegegym.com, later merged with bill piche's cyberpump.com, I'd say there would have only been a hand full of BB sites then.

These blokes were talking the talk and doing the things ripp and markos are telling us to do now.
Young kids and trolls would jump in and ask the same stupid questions over and over, eventually pissing them off.