• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bodybuilding Riddle

Fadi

To build definition, would you need to do less weight and more reps, or more weight and fewer reps?

Fadi.

You don't build definition do you :p You build muscle, and lose fat to achieve muscle definition. Anyway my personal opinion is more weight, fewer reps and compound exercises. But that's mainly because it's my personal preference to train.

I'm sure I am missing something since this is a riddle.

Back on track, is this a trick question? Surely it depends on your diet as well if you want to increase your definition.

my answer -

Definition can not be "built", only by lowering body fat levels can this be achieved.

P.S
AND NO fadi i dont want a maxi-bon as a prize :p

I would suggest both approaches to acheive the goal.

heavy weights less reps to build strength and size,

Then, higher reps less weight, less food, to aid in fat loss. and expose the hard work done earlier.

I soppose definition could be built, but that is the hard way to acheive it. If you had a constant total bodyfat, not % but a set Kg of body fat, but increased the size of the underlying muscles, you would get more definition.. as comparably the body fat % would go done.

Last edited:
The answer is neither...

ripped_japanese_dude.jpg

The first answer by Mark was right on the money; very well done.

It's refreshing to know that all here are on the ball.

Two reasons for asking the question:

1. To see if you know the answer

2. And more important or as important is to see if you look at the premise of the question being asked. Many bodybuilders get busy in solving issues that have their solution staring them in the face. I don't want my team here to belong to the "time wasters" brigade. We're too smart for that.

I remember once when I was younger been asked about which way would the steam be travelling if the electric train was heading north at 150km/h whilst the wind was travelling in the opposite direction (south) at 50km/h.

You'd be surprised how many people (including myself back then) would have a crack at such a question that had a faulty premise attached to it!

Anyway, thank you very much for having a go.

AND NO fadi i dont want a maxi-bon as a prize

No worries Ceffo, I won't get you any.

Fadi.

Last edited:
Fadi has posted 200+ times in 2 days? :eek:
I hope he eases back but keeps it up. I have a feeling he might blow in, do 1,000 posts in two weeks, and then disappear never to be seen again. Markos already ran away, it seems.

katie said:
And I thought Kyle was a prolific poster!
I only follow others' threads and reply to them, Fadi starts his own threads and blazes his own trail through the jungle of lifting :D

Definition is not about the size of the muscle, simply the quality of muscle. Think of a finely polished jewel.