• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Boxes for UDL's

Ben

What does everyone use?

Rather than make my own, thought there might be something already available.

AK sold me a pair of 30cm stands, they wont break up another set. 60cm/45cm/30cm set, 1 of each

Until then I was like everyone else, I simply made a pair.

i use 4 bricks, 2 at the bottom and 2 at the top then i have 2 pieces of chipboard on top taped together

Just use bricks thats what i did untill i built myself some decent stands

lol i was just thinking about this last night. Investing in a 64kg kettle bell once i get my tax return! cant wait!

mmm what are those handles people use for UDL? i think its just a handle with 20kg hanging off it? where can i buy those?

a 64kg KB is a bit too expensive for me...

thanks

What are you going to do for stands Jim?

I was thinking about using bricks stacked up and then putting milk crates over them so that they dont fall down. Milk crates by themselves will probably not be such a good idea haha.

Either that or just making them from wood, but thinking the bricks/milk crate will be free haha.

Wood is free at ALL building sites, plenty around here.

This.
Or go down to your local cbinet makers (kitchen people) and ask them to knock you up 2 boxes. That way you get the size you want, and it will cost you $20.

Any brisbane guys that want some sling me $20 and I can make them for you.

I use pallets for all my stuff, jumps, UDL, over head walks etc etc.. cheps are nice and awkward doing over head walks and runs really hits the core.

Gunna be making some of these up from some old pallets my dad gets from his work.
Can't beat free wood ;)

Great thread... was doing KB deadlifts on the weekend and would really like some blocks so that I can do UDLs. Might just go with 8 bricks at first to make 2 blocks... (4 bricks each)

is the kettle bell soposssed to touch at the bottom of each rep????

I would have thought atleast 10cm above the handle, so you can go low! When doing these with db my wrists are going past my feet, is that way too far???

We touch the ground on every rep, but not bounce.
I dont know if their is such a thing as too far..... But a UDL only has to go hands to feet.