• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

BOYS: Gather Around!!!

joshcore

ive spent the last 14 weeks completing the stronglift 5x5 beginner program. Worked pretty well, went from 65kgs to 74kgs (90% muscle).

I'm looking to stop this program and start another to reach my goal of 80kgs.

- my diet is down pat
- im keen as mustard

what should i do?

help me out ladssss!!!!

omg man ur lucky i have spent 4 yrs training and got no where! thats insane amounts man!

i would try a more higher rep based program perhaps?? somthing to really pump the muscles etc??

if you dont mind me asking how did your strength go on this program??

Well I guess you have to be a little more specific. Higher reps may have been interpreted as 15 or 20.

if you dont mind me asking how did your strength go on this program??

from memory:

starting weights:
bench: 30kg
squat: 30kg
overhead press: 15kg
deadlift: 30kg
pushups: 10 x 3
inverted row: 10 x 3

finishing weights:
bench: 80kg
squat: 110kg
overhead press: 45kg
deadlift: 120kg
pushups: 30 x 4
inverted row: 30 x 4

when i decide to start something like this i become very determined...
i just went hard out every week and ate like a demon, im shitting 5 times a day haha

I dont think its as clear cut as 10-12 weeks, people develop strength differently. Also a lot depends on your recovery rate, diet and how much sleep your getting.

If it was me id run another cycle of it if it was still working for you. If it stopped working toward the end id change up as others have suggested.

If it aint broke dont fix it.

from memory:

starting weights:
bench: 30kg
squat: 30kg
overhead press: 15kg
deadlift: 30kg
pushups: 10 x 3
inverted row: 10 x 3

finishing weights:
bench: 80kg
squat: 110kg
overhead press: 45kg
deadlift: 120kg
pushups: 30 x 4
inverted row: 30 x 4

when i decide to start something like this i become very determined...
i just went hard out every week and ate like a demon, im shitting 5 times a day haha

man that is crazy! i did 5x5 last year and i went from like bench 30Kg to 60Kg after months... same as squats i went from 50Kg to like 100Kg... but now i have lost all my strength.

question... why would 5x5 to 3x8 make a difference????
and i thought you have to change exercises every 10-12 weeks because your body becomes used to it????
because ones is 5 reps and the other is 8 reps of course it's different.

And where is it written that it's a must to change exercises?
STICK WITH THE COMPOUNDS YEAR ROUND.