• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Brazilian Jui-Jitsu

could you explain the process lol? is this one of those "here try and punch me with your left hand" then BAM "see how i did that"" moments haha
seriously though do you have a link to any desent ninjitsu martial?

Yes and no lol.. Mainly emphasis 2-3 quick movements then evade. Alot of teaching is taught regarding the "primal line" how to get off it and work around it.

Alot of emphasis on striking first and making it count. I.e palm heel to the nose. Disarm opponents , dealing with multiple targets.

I'm sure you will find something on youtube
Posted via Mobile Device

Throat punch, nuts kick. Potent combination.

Most of the best street fighters (as in outside a club being started by someone) are sneaky bastards who say I'm not interested turn away and then quicky swing a hook to the unsuspecting dooshes head.

I got that treatment November last year! Did the whole I'm not going to fight you with both hands up then drop the head butt into my jaw... Just won my court case and got $1000 compensation, he got four months jail. My 6 months of BJJ didn't help in that situation...

Throat punch, nuts kick. Potent combination.

Most of the best street fighters (as in outside a club being started by someone) are sneaky bastards who say I'm not interested turn away and then quicky swing a hook to the unsuspecting dooshes head.

Thats why it is all about distance.. If you are far enough away this stuff cant happen..

If someone moves towards you dont stand there like a hard **** trying to be the alpha male. We are taught to put our hands up in an open passive stance blade the body step back t the side and keep distance. It looks like we are backing down but we are actually in an attack stance..

The ninjutsu that i do (and have to get back to and stop being lazy) Is not so much traditional. It has alot of street and modern day scenarios envolved.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx4Hr3X7FJ4]YouTube - Ninjutsu Taijutsu ( Empty hand Combat)[/ame]

As you can see Traditional ninjutsu taijutsu patterns are based on feudal japan and not always practical to todays fighting. Not likley will i come across someone with a katana in the street.

Nor will someone with the same fighting style as me be likley to shape up in the same stance as me.

Nor will i need traditional jui jitsu to counter act a samurai in full armour. But all styles can be adapted to modern world scenario, its just that some do it alot better then others.

I still think krav maga is a superior fighting style for self defense. In terms of modern day fighting scenarios

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnZ0sfOiuIM]YouTube - The Best Krav Maga Trainer! - Roy Elghanayan _www.KravMagaLA.com_____310-650-0060[/ame]

I don't think one style is best, absorb what is useful and throw out the crap. I worked as a crowd controller for 7 years and learnt allot of styles, I soon learned what was crap and what wasn't through real life confrontations, and took what was useful from each art that i needed to apply in the real world. My favourite was Krav Maga , but not the watered down civilian version you see mostly being taught these days. There is no point learning all these techniques and such if you are not used to being punched in the head screamed and kicked at, we must go through adrenal stress training drills to combat this (its not pretty but neither is getting you're face mashed in or loved ones). How many times have you seen a so called black belt go to water when he has been struck, they just kind of sit there like a deer in the head lights, FIGHT OR FLIGHT, BE mean but be 1st.

I don't think one style is best, absorb what is useful and throw out the crap. I worked as a crowd controller for 7 years and learnt allot of styles, I soon learned what was crap and what wasn't through real life confrontations, and took what was useful from each art that i needed to apply in the real world. My favourite was Krav Maga , but not the watered down civilian version you see mostly being taught these days. There is no point learning all these techniques and such if you are not used to being punched in the head screamed and kicked at, we must go through adrenal stress training drills to combat this (its not pretty but neither is getting you're face mashed in or loved ones). How many times have you seen a so called black belt go to water when he has been struck, they just kind of sit there like a deer in the head lights, FIGHT OR FLIGHT, BE mean but be 1st.

Sort of hard at the same time though, i also work in security things like events. It is never any problems, i choose not to do bar work as i dont want the drama of inner sydney pubs and i have a very bad temper and i know it. It is hard to be taught to strike first and make it count. I mean we are taught to strike to disarm an apponent make every shot count. You dont want them getting up if you are dealing with multiple opponents.

But with the security industry that doesnt allways work to your advantage! People neever see a security guard gettign attacked, they see the security guard beating **** out of some innocent patron.

I always say avoidance is the best, do not be in the situation and learn how to read situatins so u can avoid them, never let your ego get envolved. But we are all human and that doesnt always happen.

On the dance floor rather than outside it. Good move. From the man with many good moves.....Dance Floor Dave!!

Fever night, fever night, fever.....

I wonder how the likes of Foreman, Frazier, Ali and Tyson all in their prime would go against someone like Couture, Lesnar, or Mir?

I watched a documentary on Fight Science: MMA. It showed that MMA athletes were some of the most conditioned human beings in the world. They did a test between a world champion boxer's punch vs. Randy Couture's punch and randy's punch one. Randy Couture's elbow to the head vs. a Muay Thai's expert's elbow to the head and Randy one.

Based on this example I would assume that the MMA fighters would win.

Fight Science: UFC/MMA Mixed Martial Arts Full Video

Possibly be the worst english, so i hope you can understand what i wrote.

Im trying to find a Krav Maga gym around Chermside/Brisbane area. if not probably head to my mates Muay Thai later in the year

MMA fighters are perfect specimens. they are entirely in their own league.
i would love to be at that level of strength and fitness and skill.

I have a mate who did professional bodybuilding and powerlfiting, but now does mma. The amount of strength and size he has had to sacrafice is simply amazing. The bigger he is the more smashed he gets.

Its hard for him to find a balance because he wants to excel at both, but you simply cant its 1 or the other or a compramise of the 2.

Watch the Lesnar and Carwin fight, Carwin was done after round one because it takes so much out of you when you are that big. Lesnar knew it and just tried to withstand the barrage. It happens to a lot of muscular fighters in lighter weight classes as well. The heavily muscles guy vs the taller but much leaner guy, the muscular guy gasses out much quicker.

Only natural, more muscle requires more demands for atp...

You just looks scary thats all...

Or as Carwin did in all his other fights, you knock people out. Just does not work with Lesnar as easy.

Majority of attacks that happen are multiple opponents.
Or alcohol fueled violence in crowded areas by retarded drunken alpha males and "sick Kentz".

Trading blow for blow is also just about dominating the other person, pride ego macho ness ect.

In ninjutsu and most other martial arts distance and avoiding ground (unless it's them) is vital, especially in regards to multiple apponents.

Ninjutsu
Krav maga
Judo

Are better options for a defense basis.

But that's after everything I have read and studied on the subject. I did tai Kwon do for a few years, moved to Sydney started jow ga Kung Fu got bored started ninjutsu but it isn't as contact as I would like so I'm looking for Krav Maga near me.
Posted via Mobile Device

HAHA I laughed at ninjutsu.....

Krav Maga is a VERY good self defense its dirty and utilises everything that WOULD be done in a self-defense street fight, ninjutsu is for T.V. and ninja turtles lol have a read on Bullshido for some good info on Martial arts of all sorts just dnt mention Ninjutsu or Wing Chun on there HAHA there a theoretical bunch of guys :)

EDIT: One of the best ways to tell if a martial arts school is legit or not is if they allow FULL BODY CONTACT SPARRING all the time, if the martial arts school dosen't spar it's not worth going to. Here is a very god site based on martial arts effectivness in real life situations although I don't stand by the list from top to bottom the person who wrote it was DEFINATLY on the rite track, they are ordered in a good manner.

http://www.realistic-martial-arts.net/martial_arts.html

Last edited: