• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

breaking up

Have you talked about it?
yess.. he gets defensive and laughs at me when im upset about something.. then after he says ok.. sorry i wont do that again

being 21 is a significant milestone for alot of people..
When my wife (GF at the time) turned 21 i had only met her 2 months before..
- I booked the whole bar out.
- had her spend a few hours at the massage and makeup place
- $7k bar tab for her and her friends
- Earings from tiffany
- Dj
- Penthouse at the hilton

i got more plastered than she did. ROFL!!

goddam! r u a drug dealer or something? your wife is verrrry very lucky.. all that shit is what a girl would dream for
my bf complained the cheapest thing at tiffanys was 200.
when i had my 21st i had been with my boyfriend for a year and a month
this is our 2nd year together :| i wonder wht he will get me/do for me ( no materialistic)

i think i shouldnt expect so much from aussie guys (no offence)
im half asian/aussie and i see all my asian friends with asian guys get treated like princesses.. i see wogs/asian guys treat their girls well in terms of spoiling..
my bf thinks its spoiling me when we go out to a casual thai restauarunt :S
his definition of spoiling is doing somethig nice and shouting.. and err yeah, sure its lovely, im not materialistic.. he does do some sweet romantic things, but i havent really been all out spoiled.. he doesnt rlly do surprise/random things either.. he usualy says.. ive got a surprise.. then i can usually tell what it is lol
ps hes not exactly a poor student like me either.. hes on like 90 k
i try to spoil and dont care about the $ if i have it, i booked 2 nights at a nice hotel once for his bday cos i thought itd be nice.

ive told him these things before..t hat sometimes hes a tightass.. hes changed a lot ( now he shouts most of the time at din)
but i feel bad telling him what my friends bf's do for my friends cos it makes him feel like a shit bf and i dont want him to think i think hes a shit bf cos hes not... he just doesnt have the same idea as spoiling once in a while :(

Last edited:
Thanks for the story I am going to refer to it to make me look better next time my wife says I am selfish.

p.s. leaving the birthday party before the cake is not on. The clubbing maybe if he felt he would drag down your night with your friends by being a bore and offered a dinner for two instead but leaving the birthday early is really bad and leaves no excuse.

lol poor girl

I took my wife for 6 week European vacation for her birthday. Suited me 'coz I got to go to. ehehehe

he did continually apologise and asked me to forgive him after tho when he realised what a dickhead he was for doing it/ how upset i was.. so i try not to bring it up as an example of him not putting effort into stuff for me/ not caring but when i do he gets really mad

oh and i spoke to him before about my bday this year and i misunderstood him.. he didnt have a time limit oln how long he wanted to stay out this time

If he hasn't had a lot of relationships before u. Then he wouldn't have any idea on how to treat a girl. It's only after a few that some get the drift of how things work.. new guys make noobish mistakes..

If he hasn't had a lot of relationships before u. Then he wouldn't have any idea on how to treat a girl. It's only after a few that some get the drift of how things work.. new guys make noobish mistakes..
thats what i tell myself too and forgive him.. im his first.. same with me tho and im pretty sure i can figure out the basic stuff.. like he didnt give me anything for valentines etc if i was a dude i think i could figure that one out

thats what i tell myself too and forgive him.. im his first.. same with me tho and im pretty sure i can figure out the basic stuff.. like he didnt give me anything for valentines etc if i was a dude i think i could figure that one out

it took me a few years to figure out valentines day. i always thought of it as a rubbish calender day that the flower industry spruiks purely to profit more from people like you and me.. and i still think that, but have since realised that you should still make an effort and fork out some $$ to make her happy!

^ i think its just a feeling left out thing.. all the other girls get spoilt rotten then u get a blank card :|

What if you did nothing on that day but gave a special day of your own instead?

yeah of course i wouldnt mind if it were a different day, if he had done something really nice a while before valentines, i wouldnt mind if he didnt do anything on valentines

Valentines Day is a bullshit commercial holiday.
However random acts of kindness are nice.

Valentines Day is a bullshit commercial holiday.
However random acts of kindness are nice.

^ i think its just a feeling left out thing.. all the other girls get spoilt rotten then u get a blank card :|

Grow up girly (This not addressed at Mocha only. Just
using her comment to address a common issue widely).

How about you figure out what your own insecurities and work
on those huh? Instead of using your boyfriend to fill that Void?!!

Here are your choices:

1. Accept behavior.
2. Don't accept behavior
3. Find ways to 'self generate' your own happiness &
contentment in life.

Devante.