• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Brocoli alternatives.

Neddysmith

Standard kunce
In the last couple of weeks I have noticed the price of broccoli skyrocket and also the broccoli heads seem to be getting more stalk then anything which in most cases we all throw away so you paying for nothing.

What other alternatives are there for broccoli?

Asian markets/supermarkets, you will find a wide variety of greens at reasonable prices a lot of the time.

Broccolini - could be rather expensive but at least you get to eat the whole thing.
Chinese Cabbage (wombok) - sweeter tasting than traditional yucky cabbage with a higher nutrient profile to boot.
Chinese Broccoli (gailan) - at the markets for 99 cents a bunch, its good value for money if you're stir fryin'.
Kale - turning them into chips is a family favourite.

Broccolini - could be rather expensive but at least you get to eat the whole thing.
Chinese Cabbage (wombok) - sweeter tasting than traditional yucky cabbage with a higher nutrient profile to boot.
Chinese Broccoli (gailan) - at the markets for 99 cents a bunch, its good value for money if you're stir fryin'.
Kale - turning them into chips is a family favourite.

Kale chips are great! I 2nd this

My mum and dad always used to rip the stem off in the grocer before buying it, and I've done the same thing my entire life too. Just pick it up, snap off the stem (I've never cared about anyone watching me, but then again I've seen my parents do it my entire life so it seems normal to me). The stem weighs the most too so this is an easy way to get it at a third of the price and get the shit you actually want.

My mum and dad always used to rip the stem off in the grocer before buying it, and I've done the same thing my entire life too. Just pick it up, snap off the stem (I've never cared about anyone watching me, but then again I've seen my parents do it my entire life so it seems normal to me). The stem weighs the most too so this is an easy way to get it at a third of the price and get the shit you actually want.

there's a guy at my local supermarket who takes a knife with him to do it..

Yeah you're not meant to do that. Why not just take a knife and tear your t bones off the bone to save a bit more? It's damaging stock, if it was meant to be bought / paid for like that, the grocers would do it themselves

Yeah it's something my parents and then I've done the whole time. They weren't poor or anything either, It just meant they could grab a good 3 or 4 bunches of broccoli without it costing $15. I've personally never seen signs and I've never tried to hide the fact that I do it and no employees have said a word to me.

Anyone ever tried broccoli? I always eat the stalks on it. A lot more to taste.