• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

BSc. Rapid Growth

gents.bond

G'day all ,

I am new to weightlifting (6 months) and bulking up at the moment. I was just wondering what kind of protein powder i should go for. One with high protein (30gms protein Approx. per serve ) or something which has got heaps of carbs. One i am using now is Body Science's rapid growth (suggested by sale person at workout world retail store) its got 51.15g of carbs, 18.45g protein and 1.65 g fats.

any recommendations??

I've used Rapid Growth before, its OK, you can do better. A protein drink is just that, a protein drink. A weight gainer is protein plus carbs, which may be derived from simple sugars. You dont want that. I'd buy both a protein drink and a seperate carb drink. A heavy molecular carb drink. Mix them together. Under 20 grams of protein is not ideal. I'd go with something in the high twenties low thirtys depending on serving size. I recomend Fitness Central WPI 99 bucks for 3 kg, and then buy some carbs, Waizy Maze is ideal or Virtagro. Ive used Syn Tec before. You can add these in after workout and maybe before bed or on rising. I would prefer most of your protein and carbs came from food. After workout food isnt ideal, go 50/50 protein/carbs.
AZZA

I dont trust anything from BSC but there a few good new proteins on the market for mass gaining such as muscle juice 2544 and maxs supersize. Getting unflavoured protein is all well and good but there are very few good ones on the market becuase there isint much demand for it

I dont trust anything from BSC but there a few good new proteins on the market for mass gaining such as muscle juice 2544 and maxs supersize. Getting unflavoured protein is all well and good but there are very few good ones on the market becuase there isint much demand for it

Thats all well and good but you only recomend whats on your website dont you. Not all protein users want to make a marketing contribution when buying products. The smart people are making there own from buying either in bulk and unflavoured or buying other products like Beta-alanine, Arginine and Amino blends . I have probably used more products in 11 months than anybody here, over 60.
AZZA

Last edited:
Getting unflavoured protein is all well and good but there are very few good ones on the market becuase there isint much demand for it

That is exactly why I recommended what I did, because they are the best (in my opinion). I'll take this a step further and say this: WPI from the US gave me GI problems where its Aussie counterpart did not. I'm lactose intolerant and therefore can not drink my favourite WPC, hence opting for the isolate. But even there I had a problem when the product was an American one rather than a kiwi or an Aussie. This has been my experience; others have theirs I'm sure...

Fadi.

Last edited:
If you want an "all in one" shake, I have been using bioflex biobulker after training and only $98 for 4kg with free delivery. Its the only protein drink I have ever had and the chocolate is quite nice, I mix it with about 300ml water (instead of 500) to give it a stronger taste. Next time I may go with some unflavoured whey and go on advice posted here

http://www.bioflexnutrition.com/biobulker.php

Last edited:
I'm similar (but not the same) to Azza in my recommendation. I'd buy the unflavoured WPC if you're not lactose intolerant and mix Oatmass with it. That's my general recommendation.

I'm with Fadi on this.. +1 for unflavoured Aussie or Kiwi protein.

At the end of the day, protein is protein.
Once you start adding artificial flavours and other rubbish into it, it becomes protein + crap ... :)

If you're getting unflavoured NZ protein, it will most likely be coming from Fonterra (the equivalent of "Dairy Farmers"). So it doesn't really matter too much about which brand you're buying, provided they comply with all the aus food handling standards - and it's not just some dude pouring protein powder out of a 20kg bag in his garage.

I'd agree BioFlex is a good product. Ben from BioFlex is a good bloke as well. I like Fadi am lactose intolerant. Some brands using protein blends do not put on the label the ratios which usualy ends in the Sh#ts. I am a WPI only guy, the only time i can have a casein or WPC is just before bed. Sleeping doesnt induce my prob. The other thing us laccies can do is have the lactase enzyme tabs before a drink. Its a bit of a inconvience though and expensive. I use Liddels lactose free milk when bulking.
AZZA