• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Building a reverse hyper

bull

I'm planning to build a reverse hyper and I'm interested if anyone has any tips or things to avoid. I'd like it to be effective rather than having to cut it up to fix something I didn't think of.

I'm going to attach the weight with chain to save time and engineering. One issue that I want to get right is where to attach the chain to the frame, should it be close to the hip, somewhere forward of that to maintain some tension at the stretch position or does it not matter? Any input would be appreciated.

I'm planning to build a reverse hyper and I'm interested if anyone has any tips or things to avoid. I'd like it to be effective rather than having to cut it up to fix something I didn't think of.

I'm going to attach the weight with chain to save time and engineering. One issue that I want to get right is where to attach the chain to the frame, should it be close to the hip, somewhere forward of that to maintain some tension at the stretch position or does it not matter? Any input would be appreciated.

Nice, my advice is copy westsides one. Louie invented it after all.

Can't offer any advice but would be very interested in a log of the build process.

Need to build myself some ghetto gym equipment for the house in a few years, donkey calf raise and GHR are top of the list.

I just built this for my gym.

Reverse hyper is actually next on my list and will be starting monday, followed by 1 or 2 mono-lifts.

Ill be using a chain to I think, seems to be the easiest way for lots of people to use it. Using anchor points for the feet may not be great for people of different heights.

Could be wrong though.

Let me know any info you have.

Well it's built now. I had a bit of a play on it when I finished, I think it will be ok.

Mine is not built with a commercial application in mind Sticky so it probably isn't much use as input to your plans. The only tricky bit is the chain. I just hooked it up without cutting the chain so I had the option to change it if necessary.

Has anyone else noticed that Westside barbell compiled a list of equipment that THEY make and sell and propagated the notion that you can't get strong without them? Of course not any GHR will do, it has to be theirs with the angled pad- and they also have a shitload of patents on the reverse hyper. Box squats are also fucking magic- but you have to wear briefs when doing them. We don't sell them but our business partner METAL do.

Has anyone else noticed that Westside barbell compiled a list of equipment that THEY make and sell and propagated the notion that you can't get strong without them? Of course not any GHR will do, it has to be theirs with the angled pad- and they also have a shitload of patents on the reverse hyper. Box squats are also fucking magic- but you have to wear briefs when doing them. We don't sell them but our business partner METAL do.

It's a business afterall

I agree but there is still a small naive boy inside me hoping that people wouldn't be trying to pull these kinds of cards in such a niche sport

Thats right...... I don't see a problem lol, he is promoting his business.

If you're gullible, more fool you.

Man I'll try and find the hilarious Q&A thread on EliteFTS.com
A guy said he didn't have access to a GHR or reverse hyper or safety squat bar and was asking how he could get strong. I don't remember the answer but it was truly amazing

Man I'll try and find the hilarious Q&A thread on EliteFTS.com
A guy said he didn't have access to a GHR or reverse hyper or safety squat bar and was asking how he could get strong. I don't remember the answer but it was truly amazing

Elitefts used to have good advise but now its just junk and advertising all their shit.

There's still good content on both those sites as long as you have the patience, knowledge and common sense to parse them!

The most ridiculous thing is the T Nation forum levels. They're not based on rep or experience, just on how much you've spent in the store.

That bench is sick Scott; a mono sounds like a big undertaking!

I built another one today, I'm just at the hardware picking up the paint.

I now have 5 benches like that, comp height and width. All with face savers and lever adjustments.