• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Butt to floor squats

Did my first ever successful butt to floor squat yesterday! All the painful stretching and annoying isolation rehab stuff has worked! And sooooo worth it. All the partial squats that I have been doing at much heavier weights had none of the kick of these babies.

Crap weight (3 sets/12 at 35kg) but I kept form and didn't have issues once due to lack of ankle movement. Still have a plate under my heels, but I am stoked I got this far. After a life time of my ankles limiting my movement I have won the battle.

Now I just have to keep the flex work up or I'll be banned from squatting again.

How can your butt touch the floor with a bar on your back without falling over backwards?

Maybe she has a big bum?

*ducks*

Or maybe she does not mean it literally, rather just "below parallel." But "below parallel" doesn't sound as cool as "arse-to-ground!"

Well, I'm sure the big arse plays a part, but like Azza says, hammies on calves is considered arse to ground. I figure considering how much I could squat just below parallel I should be doing bigger numbers soon enough. Plan to crack 45-50 on Friday. Reckon could do 3x8 easy at that weight (I can hear my PT smacking his head and saying just because I can lift it doesn't mean I should or I will injure myself again).

OK- so did 2x12 at 45 pretty easily. PT gave me more to rack on for the 50kg. Got out six and then... stuck at the bottom! Still have that weak spot in my movement at the bottom of the lift. Mind you, I am pretty run down at the moment and the entire workout was a disaster. Haven't had a lot of sleep over the past weak, causing stomach issues and sleeping problems. Struggled with chins, presses. Should know better than to train when I am tired.

Heya breebree, now you can squat properly the only thing to do now is up the weights of course. (Thanks Mr Obvious). Try and keep em all Full ROM. this is a hard thing to do as it is way too easy to slowly go back to partail squats.

Dont be too hard on yourself about wot weight you do, cos I have seen guys who pride themselves on going heavey as, cant even full ROM 60kg 3 times in a row.

When you watch pumping Iron theres a part where Arnold and Mike Metzeler are squating and they are going well into the hundy's and only full ROM. not one hack squat in the sequence. You may have seen it otherwise take a gander at it on youtube.

I always start my Squat deep knee until I cant anymore then I cheat onto the hacks, but still parallel wif the floor anything else is useless.
I have a knee condition so I understand your frustration wif this particular movement, and so a big congrats to you.

Just be careful at the right at the bottom of the movement as you start lifting heavier.
If your back starts to round at the bottom, you may get some lower back injuries.
I know this happens to me when I go too deep with heavy weight on squats and legpress.

I have the benefit of training with the form nazi. Plus, I am a nerd, so I like it when my trainer explains all of the tiny little details about why I have to do something a certain way and how it should feel.

Guess I had to expect that i couldn't just walk in and squat the same weight i was doing parallel. Should've also know better that not sleeping and being stressed to the point I was getting stomach cramps was going to have an effect.

This week will be calmer and should be able to get a full night's sleep, so reckon I'll crack 60, which is my body weight. Not bad to jump from 40kg to 60kg in one week.

Good stuff! More people need to learn how to squate properly!

I got my squat sorted about 4 months ago now. I had to drop 45kg off my squat to get my form right!! That sucked but man I have benefited from it. I have built more mass in my legs over the last 4 months than I had the 12 months prior to that.

It also feels great going that low, everyone should try it!

Something that I lack constantly due to work, uni and an 8 month old baby.