• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Butter or margarine

Which one

• Total voters
Mick's not wrong about margarine.

It's not much more than an industrial by product that was then tampered with to make more $$

we use margarine but I have heard a story similar to Mick's years ago,time for a talk with the better half about a change

I prefer the taste of butter.

Leave some Margarine out and nothing will eat it (ie ants, insects etc) leave some butter out and they will be all over it….make of that what you like, may be ants are smarter than people.:p

If the normal butter is too hard to spread, get Butter Soft or churn it yourself, but don't get the blends of butter and margarine, read the label, you can buy 100% butter that is spreadable we been using it for years, it does cost a bit more, but we only use it to spread, use normal butter for cooking etc.

I use a lot of lard, butter and ghee
All highly anabolic. Aint got no time for flora

I use a lot of lard, butter and ghee
All highly anabolic. Aint got no time for flora

Poni, you saying its helps to give you cholesterol for Test conversion. Plenty of other "healthier" alternatives aren't there?

Butter, unsalted European style. Usually Lurpak, it tastes better. Also avocado goes well on bread too.

I wouldn't touch margarin...

make your own margarine?
Make your own unique homemade margarine | Margarine

Margarine Ingredients:
•½ cup milk
•1 cup oil – canola, sunflower or olive oil
•1 tsp liquid lecithin
•1 tsp lemon juice
•½ tsp salt
Pour the milk in a blender or food processor. Turn on high and blend for 1 minute. Pour in the oils and blend for about 2 minutes until the milk and oil are combined. Drop in the lecithin, this keeps the oil and milk from separating. Add the lemon juice, turmeric and salt and blend on low for about 30 seconds. Place in an airtight bowl or jar. This will keep for about 3 weeks.

Poni, you saying its helps to give you cholesterol for Test conversion. Plenty of other "healthier" alternatives aren't there?

Animal fat is the healthiest fat there is man
Don't get healthier than god given foods

Yeah yeah, I know I yammer on about this but there is no way that processed oils are going to be better for you. All the healthy fats are unprocessed. Animal fats, olive oil, canola to an extent, avacados and nuts etc all very good for you

Margerine is heart attack in a tub

Yeah yeah, I know I yammer on about this but there is no way that processed oils are going to be better for you. All the healthy fats are unprocessed. Animal fats, olive oil, canola to an extent, avacados and nuts etc all very good for you

yeah, I was referring to Olive oil, nuts, avocado etc. Not Margarine.

Naturalistic fallacy.

Arsenic also naturally occurs in foods. Is that good for you also.

Last edited:
yeah, I was referring to Olive oil, nuts, avocado etc. Not Margarine.

yeah you can cook in olive oil, it's mainly saturated fat as well I think. I prefer the taste of butter and ghee though unless I am doing something like stir fry

I've never seen anything to suggest that animal fats are any worse than non-animal fats. Combined with high carb diet though this is also recipe for heart attack and massive visceral fat gain

yeah you can cook in olive oil, it's mainly saturated fat as well I think. I prefer the taste of butter and ghee though unless I am doing something like stir fry

I've never seen anything to suggest that animal fats are any worse than non-animal fats. Combined with high carb diet though this is also recipe for heart attack and massive visceral fat gain

Nah man olive oil is mainly monounsaturated fat dude not good to cook at high tenps as it goes rancid and recks the benifits, perfect for salads and diping etc, coconut oil is the highest is sat fat

Nah man olive oil is mainly monounsaturated fat dude not good to cook at high tenps as it goes rancid and recks the benifits, perfect for salads and diping etc, coconut oil is the highest is sat fat

ah ok

no option for extra virgin olive oil ?
or
coconut oil ?

What you mean no option?

Both are the better end of oils by far, olive for dressings and diping and not cooking at high heat and coconut for cooking refined coco oil cooks at even higher temp without going rancid

I would call it cancer in a tub personally, I have no evidence to support this, but ever since working in a Margarine Factory I have had a strong personal belief that Margarine is a major part of the cause of cancer in society today.

Naturalistic fallacy.

Arsenic also naturally occurs in foods. Is that good for you also.

I think you are confusing things, if it contains arsenic in quantities that would affect you it would not be considered food. Certain things/foods contain poison, we have been through this plenty of time, potatoes are poisonous unless cooked, cucumbers are poisonous, but we can not eat enough to affect/kill us, grains contain poison unless processed, flour is poisonous on it's own, so are plenty of other things, rocks are natural but they are not food.

At the end of the day natural FOOD (not natural poison, natural rocks, etc etc) is better for you that processed/man made rubbish.

I would call it cancer in a tub personally, I have no evidence to support this, but ever since working in a Margarine Factory I have had a strong personal belief that Margarine is a major part of the cause of cancer in society today.

I think you are confusing things, if it contains arsenic in quantities that would affect you it would not be considered food. Certain things/foods contain poison, we have been through this plenty of time, potatoes are poisonous unless cooked, cucumbers are poisonous, but we can not eat enough to affect/kill us, grains contain poison unless processed, flour is poisonous on it's own, so are plenty of other things, rocks are natural but they are not food.

At the end of the day natural FOOD (not natural poison, natural rocks, etc etc) is better for you that processed/man made rubbish.

My point being because something is natural doesn't automatically make it good.

And on the other side just because something is not natural doesn't make it bad.

What's natural about WPI. Why don't you call that cancer in a tub.