• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Buying NYBB Jhooks from australia?

I'm thinking about the powertec rack, but i'd be keen on a set of extra large jhooks from NYBB (a search indicates they fit)

JUMBO HOOKS

Are these available in Australia? or any variant thereof?

Would probably solve the incline press problem in that rack....

from what i've heard the rear cross member prevents a bench (like the ironmaster) going back far enough, so you have to reach a long way back to unrack the bar (and rerack)

The main problem there is because of the bench.

I just tested this bench - http://www.gymdirect.com.au/item/ASFID-Super-FID-Bench/467.htm in the MMPR rack for inclines and there is no reaching back required, even a couple inches left to move the bench right back to the rear crossbeam.

The main difference there is where the base frame of the bench ends in relation to the backrest.
Check it in the flat position and you will see that the backrest extends past the base frame by about 200mm.
Specifiaclly designed like this to allow incline pressing in racks without the base frame of the bench restricting access.

Last edited:
Thanks for that, the MMPR rack is definitely my other alternative, I'm still trying to decide between the MMPR and the powertec.

(my space is 3.5 wide, but only 2.5 deep and 2.25 high to joists (2.35 between) - joists are about 1.6 apart), the Commercial racks just aren't going to work comfortably in my space.

The plus of the ironmaster bench is that i very much like the cable tower that comes with it (excellent feedback around the web, and works better for my space than rack attached) (epecially as i see myself moving to a commercial rack at some point in the future)

At the moment the MMPR has me sold on pullup bars (not so useful with my roof clearance anyway though), rear crossmember spacing, rack depth and price, the powertec on the safeties (both options available, sabre and the square ones), smaller footprint, dip bars and slightly heavier construction.

Bench wise i'm wanting the ironmaster for the cable attachment, but i'm a little concerned with the narrowness of the bench (25cm) and the narrowness of the seat for a bigger guy. The muscle motion flat bench looks like a fantastic flat option, but i'd need a decent incline as well, and a decline for ab work.

Would these work in the powetec rack? or the MMPR?

J Hooks (Pair) - Australian Kettlebells/ IronEdge

If they do, then I'm tempted to grab some myself.

J-Hooks-master.jpg

Quick update:

I was at Samfitness yesterday and the new style J-Hooks are a lot longer than my PR11 J-hooks.

The problem you describe will not happen with these hooks.

J-Hooks-Image-320x320.jpg

I have also done a bar protector ghetto mod on my hooks by buying a $5 carpet square from bunnings, cutting it to cover the inside and bonding it with Selly's Kwick Grip. :cool: