• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

buying squat stands

CaT_SPeW

extra crispy
due to needing to free up some space in my garage i have to unfortunatley downgrade my power rack and replace it with some squat stands. ive found a fe online that look ok but would be good to get some actual feedack from people that have squat stands. ideally i'd love an assault rack but its footprint is bigger than my cage! i need some stands that:

- have a small footprint or adjustable footprint
- spotters arms you can bench out of
- 150kg + load rating
- can do dips
- can do pull ups
- cheap to buy!!! < $400 would be nice
- easy to pack away

hopefully i'll have my new garage built in the next 1-2 years so this is a stop gap measure until i have room for a cage again.

currently im looking at these examples:

SST2 Adjustable Width Squat Barbell Rack with Dip handles

Rogue S-2 Squat Stand

Adjustable Width Squat Stands w/ Dip Handles & Weight Holders (F-SQUAT) | Force USA Fitness Equipment

Rogue have nice looking squat stands. Not the cheapest though (not crazy expensive either) Rogue Fitness Australia

edit: I don't see any with safety bars, they have some on the US web site though

Last edited:
if the height is not different on your safety bars for squatting and benching you could probably knock something up yourself if you've got some tools and some diy skills

You'd have to pay even more for the spotter bars, and the dip attachment of you want it, but it looks very nice

d3bd679e_zpsa81487b9.jpg

+1 vote for Rogue S2 in terms of build quality.

I went for the vertical base storage rather than the single storage arms.

Be warned though... It took nearly 3 months from pre-order to arrive and the delivery company failed to attend for delivery 3 times.