• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Caffeine help :)

Vman

So recently I have decided to go on a zero caffeine stint to see if any of my results vary as such.

I have read that caffeine can boost your metabolism but at the same time can increase your cortisol levels and from my under standing (correct me if I'm wrong) it breaks down the protein in your muscles.

Now for someone who is very sensitive to caffeine how much can a small amount affect them?

Has any here experimented with caffeine in any way and what effects has it had on you?
High dose, low dose or none at all.
Any personal experiences would be great.

All I know is when I cut it out of my diet, I get headaches and brain fog for a few days.

So recently I have decided to go on a zero caffeine stint to see if any of my results vary as such.

I have read that caffeine can boost your metabolism but at the same time can increase your cortisol levels and from my under standing (correct me if I'm wrong) it breaks down the protein in your muscles.

Now for someone who is very sensitive to caffeine how much can a small amount affect them?

Has any here experimented with caffeine in any way and what effects has it had on you?
High dose, low dose or none at all.
Any personal experiences would be great.

Caffeine has also been shown to boost testosterone (post training) and at levels up to 400mg (before training) more T is released than C.

If you are not going caffeine crazy (ie lots all day long) and keep it to 1 or maybe 2 doses when you need it most the cortisol release will be fine.

I intake 160mg on early morning starts. I do not have it 4 days a week due to not needing to get up at 4.40am and be awake to make people train. That is enough to get me buzzing. I may take some before training if down but normally a good training partner fixes that. I try to keep it to the 160mg max. I am caffeine sensitive.

caffine dose not much for me at all, i love a good coffe though so i will have one most mornings.

This week ive been smashing licorice root,

I find listining to my Ipod at work keeps me more buzzing then any cup of coffee/tea

Skim flat white, no sugars. <100 calories.

Add it into your diet and continue winning, i've got two in my daily diet.

I struggle without coffee, so why try and resist - embrace it!!

I have had a recent caffiene addiction but had to drop it, as it affected my vision and eye floaters became more visible.

Miss my coffees though.