• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Calorie Intake Help..

jsncrs

Hey guys,

I'm really struggling to get the calorie intake I need. I work 9 - 5, Monday - Friday, and we have only a microwave to cook with at work. I need to find some foods that are high in calories and easily accessible/prepared.
I've been preparing an extra meal with dinner each night to take for lunch, and eating bananas, yoghurt and sandwiches..

Anyone have any other ideas/foods that would help?

Cook a big batch of chicken, rice/pasta etc and then speperate into meal size portions. take these in a cooler bag and even better put them in a fridge if u have acess at work. eat cold or if u like u can reheat in the microwave.

U can flavour chicken in watever your like, my favourites are either grilled on the BBQ, adding portugese spices or a mix of oj, soy and maple syrup (sounds weird i know)

I learned eating right and having the right food when I need it was all about preparation and planning bro, It's really not that hard.
I work the same hours as you and guess what I have to cook with at work? A microwave! I dont know many people who have access to a full kitchen or the time to prepair meals at work. I do know alot of people who dont even have a microwave at work and still manage to eat properly so honestly, I thank my lucky stars I can zap my food in 1-2 min....
I bought:

Kitchen scales
3 x shakers (One for Breakfast, one for PWO and one for before bed)
3 x 1L food containers (For my pre-prepared microwave ready daily meals which I take to work)
4 x 500ml Food containers (For my 2-3 days of pre cooked steak, salmon, chicken and onion, garlic, capsicum and broccoli mix in the fridge)
1 x Massive Food container (for 3-4 days of pre cooked rice in the fridge)
1 x old protein bucket for almonds.

I pre cook all my food for 2-3 days.
What you eat is up to your requirements, your budget, your motivation and how important it is for you to eat what you need to fuel your body to achieve your goals.
I hope this helps!