• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Can't seem to eat enough

John555

Banned
Hey guys,
I am on a cut, but I do not want to starve myself. I prefer to up my activity (throw in more sprints and intervals) while eating around my BMR. When I see my food log, it seems like I am eating a very low amount of cals! Keep in mind I feel quite full after I eat and I'm never hungry.

Its weird because whenever I'm working out, my appetite drops. However on my breaks away from training (1-2 week holidays/breaks), my appetite goes through the roof and I devour everything in sight.

Any thoughts on why this happens?

Holidays break= happy

Happy = eat everything.

Add shakes withmilk formore cals if you cant stomach anymore whole food
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm confused.
You are eating low amount of cals and you want to do more sprints and intervals.

I would do zero, I actually do zero and have lost 13kg and still losing.

Heavy weights with high intensity will kill enough calories while maintaining LBM.

I'm confused.
You are eating low amount of cals and you want to do more sprints and intervals.

I would do zero, I actually do zero and have lost 13kg and still losing.

Heavy weights with high intensity will kill enough calories while maintaining LBM.

Thanks for the suggestion Shrek. I have to do sprinting and conditioning for my sport, so zero cardio really isn't an option.. I am cutting to improve performance, not for looks.

N00bs, I try to drink a lot of wholefat milk to fill up my cals, but this just makes my stomach sick lol

If you are on a cut, whole fat milk should be avoided.
Have smaller but more frequent meals so you don't get that full feeling.

He is a boxer shrek.

You need to learn how to eat for sport John, make a list of what calories you need per day get your meals in order and just eat what is on the list even if you are not hungry. Do it everyday same amount and you will get used to it.
Posted via Mobile Device

If you want to drop weight (bodyfat) john, pick up your skipping rope and train more.

I dont understand ? Your saying you want to eat more but lose body weight???

When i was boxing i trained everyday, i used mtc oil (10 years ago) if i couldnt consume enough cals, i lift 4-5 times and do 6-8 classes a week now and consume 4000cals a day.

If you want to drop weight (bodyfat) john, pick up your skipping rope and train more.

I dont understand ? Your saying you want to eat more but lose body weight???

When i was boxing i trained everyday, i used mtc oil (10 years ago) if i couldnt consume enough cals, i lift 4-5 times and do 6-8 classes a week now and consume 4000cals a day.

Hey Chrisp,
When I say eat more, I mean that I'm afraid I might be eating too few calories for my body weight and activity level and slowing down my metabolism too much and stalling my body weight. The dreaded starvation mode, even though I don't stave myself, but the difference between my cal in and cal out just seem too much! Sometimes as much as 1500cal apart...

Chrisp when you were a boxer, how did you go about reducing your calories to reduce bf? And how were your food choices?

Thanks!

Hey guys,
I am on a cut, but I do not want to starve myself. I prefer to up my activity (throw in more sprints and intervals) while eating around my BMR. When I see my food log, it seems like I am eating a very low amount of cals! Keep in mind I feel quite full after I eat and I'm never hungry.

Its weird because whenever I'm working out, my appetite drops. However on my breaks away from training (1-2 week holidays/breaks), my appetite goes through the roof and I devour everything in sight.

Any thoughts on why this happens?

Your loss of appetite indicates you are ovetraining.

Learn from this and balance it out.

Thanks for the suggestion Shrek. I have to do sprinting and conditioning for my sport, so zero cardio really isn't an option.. I am cutting to improve performance, not for looks.

N00bs, I try to drink a lot of wholefat milk to fill up my cals, but this just makes my stomach sick lol

I'm confused.

Fat makes you slow, added muscle tissue in the right places will make you faster.

Your loss of appetite indicates you are ovetraining.

Learn from this and balance it out.

Thanks for the tip. I have been going all out everyday recently. I'm always scared of under training... Perhaps I will reduce from daily training to 5 days per week instead and increase the intensity to compensate.

Last edited:
Chrisp when you were a boxer, how did you go about reducing your calories to reduce bf? And how were your food choices?

In short john , i didnt.

I boxed for great britian and in the oly's and professionally for nearly 6 years,i trained victor oganov before he went into contender and moved to nsw, currently working with jeremy allan ranked 8# at 72.5kg and just under your weight Matt garlett who is currently top ten but will be a champ in 18months at 58kgs.

When i boxed and these guys, consume anywhere between 3500 and 6000cals a day at around 10% b/f while training.

If your looking at losing bodyfat , TRAIN get under the rope , and infront of the bag, do not drop calories.

My diet and food choices were made for me , but it put me in great shape for when i had to choose myself.

Alot of the guys on here will eat meat and veg x5 a day, there is nothing wrong with that and it will get you results, but if your asking me for advice , because you lift and train for boxing just eat mate, eat well and frequent .

Heres an example of MY diet.

meal 1 breakfast,
Wholemeal burrito with scrambled eggs and tomato sauce,
fruit salad, and protien shake.

meal 2 around 10ish
5 star minced beef with mushroom and onion mixed with wholemeal pasta in bolongese sauce

meal 3 12-1pm
turkey advocardo and salad wholemeal sandwich

meal 4 3ish before i lift (for myself)
Protien shake and 2 pieces of fruit

Always have 4-5 dates straight after lifting

Meal 5 with my family around 5-530
lean meat and veg or salad (wotever the wife makes) last night it was TUNA steak sweet potato brocali, carrots and beans

meal 6 usaully after coaching (boxing)
i had another turkey advocardo and salad sandwich on wholemeal bread,,,the first one earlier was that good.

Hope that can be of help john if you need anything else pm me as this is a body building/powerlifting forum, saying that the nutritional advice on here is usally VERY sound,and your in the right place my man.

His names kieran he's over from the uk at the moment , if you think he's got a good body you should see his wife,lol

Only prob is his had so much gear (he'd be cool with me saying he's upfront about it) that he cant get it up to take advantage of having such a good looking wife.ha ha ha

There's a lesson there i guess.lol Good guy and good boxing coach.

His names kieran he's over from the uk at the moment , if you think he's got a good body you should see his wife,lol

Only prob is his had so much gear (he'd be cool with me saying he's upfront about it) that he cant get it up to take advantage of having such a good looking wife.ha ha ha

There's a lesson there i guess.lol Good guy and good boxing coach.

Sorry we only take photos as proof, please provide :D