• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

CAPO's National Deadlift Challange!

Soooo.....
Looking at the CAPO calender, the next event is the;

NATIONAL DEADLIFT CHALLENGE

Deadlift Comp A3 Issue D_01.jpg

The event is held at various venues across Australia. Here is the list as I see it.

QLD- Healthworks West End, 33 Vulture St, West End, 4-12-2010

NSW- Supershape Gym - Albury, 4-12-2010

VIC- Steve Browns Gym - 701 Glenhuntly Rd, 4-12-2010

WA- Wanneroo Health Club - 1/917 Wanneroo Road, 5-12-2010

NT- Powerpit Gym - 55 Alawa Cres, Alawa, Darwin, 4-12-2010

ACT- Elite Physique - Cnr Townshend St and Botany St, 4-12-2010

Entry fee's vary from gym to gym. The event is also open for the general public to enter, expect to pay a higher entry fee though.

The QLD is also going to be bench and deadlift.

Ill post up any other details that I come across as I find them.

Here is the entry form
http://www.capopowerlifting.com.au/images/downloads/capo_generic_entry_form.pdf

So who from AusBB are taking up the challenge???

Last edited:
The Perth one might be held in Fremantle near Cicerellos (huge fish and chips restaurant), so many people walk past there, it'd be great to get the word out. I've also heard it is a Push/Pull comp, so bench and deadlift. Don't quote me on it though.

I'm going for that deadlift record! :p I'm amped already.

The record's 230kg, according the website. better get training VOLUME KING!

i think we're in the same class right? im born in '92, weight class 82.5kg. same class as Max as well, tough competition aye... the records are: 190/115/230, total 530. daym that's some big weights...

i'll be lifting in the Perth one, not too worried about breaking any records to be honest, as long as i get the big 200kg i'm stoked. next year gareer, let the records tumble! :D

Ive been told you dont need to sign up to CAPO and you lift in whatever you feel comfortable in?

ill be going to the elite physique one. see you there

In the single lift

67.5kg raw - 160kg
67.5kg equ - 230kg

In the 3 lift section

67.5kg raw - 212.5kg
67.5kg equ - 251kg

amac it's on! And yeh markos is right, it'll be the single lifts. I'm going to break my previous bench record I know that for sure. I'm gunning for 115 now. And I'll see about my deadlift. I've hit 180 on the deadlift... a 30kg increase in two months is a big ask. If not this year, definitely next year.

Ill most likely enter it, after hopefully meeting you guys at this mini comp coming up next month would be good to hear how you guys (sticky & Gareer) went on the weekend with the whole experience at the bench comp and to know people there when I enter.

I dont know why my 67.5kg records from nationals didnt get uploaded to the list doest matter ill break them again.

Last edited:
I had originally planned for a triple bodyweight deadlift...... We will see what happens seeing as I'll only be lifting again for 8 weeks :(

The up to date CAPO site also has the results of the 2009 DL comp on the front page, we've had a couple of comps since then, they've been up for a year.

I've not had any contact with anyone from CAPO since the WR debacle, does anyone know if the Vic DL comp is on?