• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Cardio Best time of the day to get results?

PtCharger

Hey everyone,

ide love to hear your experiences and oppinions on when is the best time to do cardio to loose fat? in the morning on an empty stomach? Right after training?

thank you

Personally I believe first thing in the morning would be best, as it gets it out of the way first up.

And I would imagine that it would fire you up for the day keeping your metabolism going at a higher rate for the rest of the day if it was intense enough. But that might just be Bro Science:confused:

As long as you do it I guess it will be fine and should get results.

I would say unless you're trying to get below 10% BF it does not matter. Put it where it interferes the least with your weight training and/or is most convenient.

During the late 60's early 70's there was a practice of bodybuilders cutting during cold weather/winter time with great effect.

Hahahahahahaa ^

On a more serious note, all the old school BBers from the gym I used to go to, when cutting, would get up in the morning have a black coffee then go for a 30 min brisk walk/slow jog.

Make of that what you will

Using a cardio based program as a means to lose weight is specious at best.

Using cardio as a means to be fit?

Fitness is simply being able to do a task. The harder the task, the more fit you need to be.

I've heard that doing it in the morning is best before you eat so your 'fasted' sp to speak. Personally I can barely mumble before I have a coffee and couldn't bare doing cardio to early LOL. I do mine in the arvo's or evenings, usually after my workout, but not directly after, about an 1 hour to 1.5 hours later. My work hours are all over the place these days so I just fit in what I can anf watch what I eat.

If anyone is familiar with the respiratory quotient (RQ) feel free to correct me.

RQ shows very basically usage of fat or carbohydrates using a metabolic cart.
0.7 = fat usage
1.0 = carbohydrate usage

When i did fasted cardio in the morning my Respiratory quotient was much closer to 0.7 (about 0.75) than when i ate before it (about 0.9)

I would therefore assume that if you want pure fat burning do cardio in the morning before eating. If you dont care about carb usage do it whenever you have time

i dont think it really matters when as long as you actually do it. Whether your doing it at morning or at night your still burning calories, improving glucose tolerance etc.

Simply put, the time of day for cardio is irrelevant.

Using 'X' amount of calories fasted is still the same as 'burning' 'X' calories in the middle of the day.