• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

career choices

I recently just did my course through the max fitness college. Campuses are in brisbane, melbourne and auckland. Best place to go, not a short course. Its a 12 week course full time, diploma of business involved aswell (teach you how to run a business) Great circle of influence and you will learn what you need to know to be a succesful pt. Ongoing learning. Costs around $6500 well worth the money though. My insurance and rego are going through on monday the 9th and already have clients booked in for next week. Im working as a subcontractor out of Jetts 24hr gyms on a rent scheme and charge $40 - 30mins, $60 - 45mins, $80 - 60mins then also packages. It is what you make it. If you are dedicated and spend the time to get to know people first and can establish good repoort you will go places.

I recently just did my course through the max fitness college. Campuses are in brisbane, melbourne and auckland. Best place to go, not a short course. Its a 12 week course full time, diploma of business involved aswell (teach you how to run a business) Great circle of influence and you will learn what you need to know to be a succesful pt. Ongoing learning. Costs around $6500 well worth the money though. My insurance and rego are going through on monday the 9th and already have clients booked in for next week. Im working as a subcontractor out of Jetts 24hr gyms on a rent scheme and charge $40 - 30mins, $60 - 45mins, $80 - 60mins then also packages. It is what you make it. If you are dedicated and spend the time to get to know people first and can establish good repoort you will go places.

Jetts recently got some usable equipment??

haha no there still shit in terms of free weights (up to 40kg dumbells and 40kg ezy curl bars plus an oly ezy curl bar that you can load up) besides that its mostly machine stuff but still have alot of members. I try to train elsewhere as much as possible though

Yep best $6500 i have ever spent. Max college is not one of those short course sort of things. its hard to get accepted and its even harder to get out of there. Which is great because its upping the standard of the "fitness industry"

Joel i never knew PT's were paid well. Apart from the very very succesful ones they get paid pretty average.

What certs do you need to be a qualified PT, is it cert 3 or 4?

Totally forgot about this thread sorry lol....

The amount of money is really upto you mate....but you need to be looking the part, try and base yourself in a gym or with another PT company and train at the gym you work at...ppl will come to you believe me...

I have a mate who does 50 PT sessions a week, at $50- $70 a session ...depending on how long the session goes for, plus some are doubles etc...so really hes prob working around 35-40 hours a week...working for himself and making a very good hourly rate...doing something he loves...

Really all your need is a cert 3 and 4 and 1st aid....you can do extras like strength and conditioning certs but really at the end of the day its what you look like, your own training experience and how you are with ppl that will make you the most money.

how much money do you get paid for just a normal pt
and what cert's should i do

i live in sydney at the moment but i also plan on moving to qld

As above cert 3 and 4 - is the base line that you need...

Pts make anywhere from $50 - thats a lowish rate for a 45min-1 hour session to $90-$100....I know of a PT studio in surfers paradise that have 1 hour PT sessions for $500 lol....

Totally forgot about this thread sorry lol....

The amount of money is really upto you mate....but you need to be looking the part, try and base yourself in a gym or with another PT company and train at the gym you work at...ppl will come to you believe me...

I have a mate who does 50 PT sessions a week, at $50- $70 a session ...depending on how long the session goes for, plus some are doubles etc...so really hes prob working around 35-40 hours a week...working for himself and making a very good hourly rate...doing something he loves...

Really all your need is a cert 3 and 4 and 1st aid....you can do extras like strength and conditioning certs but really at the end of the day its what you look like, your own training experience and how you are with ppl that will make you the most money.

As above cert 3 and 4 - is the base line that you need...

Pts make anywhere from $50 - thats a lowish rate for a 45min-1 hour session to $90-$100....I know of a PT studio in surfers paradise that have 1 hour PT sessions for $500 lol....

around 2500 a week, thats insane!

Are you a pt joel? Do you have to work early mornings and afternoon most of the time?

I paid $1000 for cert 3 + 4 when I did it at TAFE. Took a year. These accelerated courses are BS. Then I did human movement/ex physiology = $25,000K. Cert 3 and 4 is a decent investment if you plan on doing PT for a few years. It's not every mans dream though. Sometimes it's a pain in the arse. If you enjoy meeting people (as I do) and helping them, then you'll be right.

Try not to mix pleasure with business.. that can backfire.

around 2500 a week, thats insane!

Are you a pt joel? Do you have to work early mornings and afternoon most of the time?

I am not a PT atm - but have been and I am thinking about going back to it full-time later this year...

Yes you have to work mainly early mornings and afternoons/nights - but if you can fit say 3 sessions in the AM 6am/7am/8am and then 4 in the arvo - 4pm/5pm/6pm/7pm with a 8pm finish - and maybe 1 or 2 during the day if you want to - maybe work till 11am or 12 on a saturday morning then have the rest of the time for your family/gf whatever....

Gives you plently of time through the day to train and do whatever else you need to do...I think its a great lifestyle and one I miss.

I paid $1000 for cert 3 + 4 when I did it at TAFE. Took a year. These accelerated courses are BS. Then I did human movement/ex physiology = $25,000K. Cert 3 and 4 is a decent investment if you plan on doing PT for a few years. It's not every mans dream though. Sometimes it's a pain in the arse. If you enjoy meeting people (as I do) and helping them, then you'll be right.

Try not to mix pleasure with business.. that can backfire.

The thing is no1 should be doing cert 3 and 4 to learn about how to exercise etc...cert 3 and 4 should purely be abit of paper getting you in the door....its your own experience and knowledge that will take you places...

If that means you get your certs in 8 weeks then so be it...but you just have to put up with a whole heap of shit pt's at the same time...

I am not a PT atm - but have been and I am thinking about going back to it full-time later this year...

Yes you have to work mainly early mornings and afternoons/nights - but if you can fit say 3 sessions in the AM 6am/7am/8am and then 4 in the arvo - 4pm/5pm/6pm/7pm with a 8pm finish - and maybe 1 or 2 during the day if you want to - maybe work till 11am or 12 on a saturday morning then have the rest of the time for your family/gf whatever....

Gives you plently of time through the day to train and do whatever else you need to do...I think its a great lifestyle and one I miss.

thanks for all the information that sounds like the best career
my goal at the moment is just to look the part so when i do my cert's i have more chance on getting a career in it.

if your not a pt anymore what are you haha

thanks for all the information that sounds like the best career
my goal at the moment is just to look the part so when i do my cert's i have more chance on getting a career in it.

if your not a pt anymore what are you haha

I work for a weight loss company

The thing is no1 should be doing cert 3 and 4 to learn about how to exercise etc...cert 3 and 4 should purely be abit of paper getting you in the door....its your own experience and knowledge that will take you places...

If that means you get your certs in 8 weeks then so be it...but you just have to put up with a whole heap of shit pt's at the same time...

Yep, definitely. But the course I did was quite thorough compared to a mate who did the 8 week accelerated course. He knew absolutely nothing. If you've no training experience, and go do one of these 8 week courses and think you're able to train someone... well let's just say this isn't the case. You'd be in another category if you've got years of anecdote / experience behind your belt (which you do). Studying exercise metabolism, physiology, biomechanics, nutrition etc really opens your eyes to what a complex system the body is. Last I heard, they were moving towards the paradigm of a 2-3 year degree based course to do even personal training. Not sure if this is moving ahead. Would do the cert 3 /4 shortly before they raise the bar.

Also, 3 years of a degree =! make you a good trainer. Some of the best coaches I know don't have a degree. Having said this, the best I know have a degree/masters + 20 years experience.