• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Casey Stoner announces retirement

Shrek

Fucked up Kunce
Casey Stoner announces retirement from MotoGP at the end of 2012

Casey Stoner has announced he will retire from MotoGP at the end of the 2012 season.

The news comes after the the Australian, a two-time MotoGP champion, had denied speculation about his exit from the sport in the previous race.

He confirmed at Le Mans on Thursday however, that this will be his last season in MotoGP.
"After a long time thinking, a lot of time talking with my family and my wife, this has been coming for a couple of years now but at the end of this 2012 season I will be not racing in the 2013 championship," said Stoner.

1336142504.jpg

Casey Stoner announces retirement from MotoGP at the end of 2012 - MotoGP news - AUTOSPORT.com

Completely crap! He had at LEAST another 3-5 years in him. Shame he is going this soon, Moto GP is going to be a bore now with the way Lorenzo rides and Rossi, well his time is far past especially since his move to Ducati.

I think there is more to it than we are hearing, he is at the top of this game and has plenty of years riding in him left, would not surprise to see him pop n v8 supercars now's....

Who knows? he's just had a baby earlier this year and he's probably seeing life a little differently.
He may come back again. Some things are changing in MotoGP as they have done in the last few years in F1. And they're not always for the good.
Look at what Bernie the Bastard has done to F1.

Stoner isn't happy about some of the rule changes to moto so maybe he's taking a break.

Wait and see. Whatever he chooses to do, i am going to miss him on the track but wish him well.

Please please don't go to V8s, Casey. That would be wrong. :)

Doesn't he suffer from allot of unknown sickness etc.....maybe he is just thinking fuck it, need a less stressful way of life. He has the funds to do whatever he wants, maybe he wants less spotlight on him etc.

In any case, he has been a real 'old school' warrior on the bike, and has my respect regardless of whether he goes to cars or not.

There goes the only reason to watch the moto gp. I hate when people retire because they loose motivation. He should be forced to ride until he gets hurt or is shit like everyone else.

How Rossi can continue to ride is amazing? Seeing your mate killed like that would be horrendous.

These guys don't get paid enough...

How Rossi can continue to ride is amazing? Seeing your mate killed like that would be horrendous.

These guys don't get paid enough...

I agree. I feel the same way about the F1 drivers. I still remember when Senna died and De Angelis years before. I would love to drive one of those machines but I cannot imagine how those guys get over their fear when so close to that stuff happening.

Even Massa after his close call. it's affected his driving for sure and it shows but how he even got back in the car. I admire their bravery and/or insanity.

I remember too.
It's funny how everyone remembers Senna died but how many remember Roland Ratzenberger died at the same event as Senna?

Roland Ratzenberger (4 July 1960 – 30 April 1994) was an Austrian racing driver who raced in Formula Nippon, Formula 3000 and Formula One. He died during qualifying for the 1994 San Marino Grand Prix, the same event at which three-time World Champion Ayrton Senna died the following day.

220px-Ratzenberger.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roland_Ratzenberger

I remember too.
It's funny how everyone remembers Senna died but how many remember Roland Ratzenberger died at the same event as Senna?

Roland Ratzenberger (4 July 1960 – 30 April 1994) was an Austrian racing driver who raced in Formula Nippon, Formula 3000 and Formula One. He died during qualifying for the 1994 San Marino Grand Prix, the same event at which three-time World Champion Ayrton Senna died the following day.

220px-Ratzenberger.jpg

Roland Ratzenberger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I didn't mention him because when I usually do, I'm horrified to get a "who?" as a response. that usually drives me to violence :mad:

the worst part was that even when it happened, it was eclipsed because of Senna's death and I don't think he was given the tribute and respect in passing that he would otherwise have received.

Does not surprise me one bit that Casey as retired im was surprised he didn't retire after the passing of Marco. He has always said that he would retire early. I hope he goes out with the number 1 plate and back to back world championships.

He is also very vocal about the direction moto gp is heading with crt and production based bikes this may have added to his retirement along with the bith of his daughter

. Some things are changing in MotoGP as they have done in the last few years in F1. And they're not always for the good.
Look at what Bernie the Bastard has done to F1.

such a shame that he is leaving the sport, he easily has another 2 good seasons in him, on another note.

what bernie has done to f1 these days (massive f1 fan) is making the sport more exciting, the rules these days are better then ever between KERS and DRS there is alot more passing and the tyres are playing a massive role in this years racing, bernie is making them safer and still being as fast and fun to watch /rant lol

such a shame that he is leaving the sport, he easily has another 2 good seasons in him, on another note.yeah addmitedly this years

what bernie has done to f1 these days (massive f1 fan) is making the sport more exciting, the rules these days are better then ever between KERS and DRS there is alot more passing and the tyres are playing a massive role in this years racing, bernie is making them safer and still being as fast and fun to watch /rant lol

Yeah this years F1 season is the best it has been in years for closeness, overtaking and action....

oh I agree on that score. Makes the championship more exciting and also each race (although the races get affected by the quality of the track design too). With KERS and DRS it was always going to take a few years for them to get the rules right to make good use of them. Seems to be the year when they have.

I just don't like some of the new tracks...they're yawn worthy :(
I miss Magny Cours and the old Hokkenheim.
Bahrain and Malaysia make me cranky :p:p