• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Chalk

willyboy

So I need to improve my grip for deads/rows and need some chalk.

Just wondering where can I get some in the liquid form preferably. I don't mind online (within Aus is better but I don't mind from the states if shipping isn't too long) or if there is a local store that would be best, Located in SA.

Cheers

Jeepers, I didn't even know you could get it in liquid form. I get my stuff from underground elite, if that helps.

Why do you want the liquid mate? I couldnt find liquid here in adelaide, only place i found that had it was fitness warehouse in a big block, only cost me 3 bucks or some shit. Its tough to find anything in this town big fella.

Strongman tacky from UGE as suggested or the above ^

Don't think Iron Edge have actually got any in yet. Apparently it's the same stuff strippers use to grip their poles (the owner's words not mine lol)

*Update* silly me for not checking iron edge/aussie kb. They stock liquid chalk and normal chalk, bought both and will try it out next session (wednesday)

Nothing beats real chalk, that's why powerlifters and olympic lifters use real chalk!
I just smashed up some kids Crayola chalks, cost me £1 back in the UK

Nothing beats real chalk, that's why powerlifters and olympic lifters use real chalk!
I just smashed up some kids Crayola chalks, cost me £1 back in the UK

does that chalk actually work the same as the ones from the store?

edit: i've already ordered 20$ worth of proper chalk and I know that pavement chalk vs PL chalk is different compounds lol

Last edited:
Well I got my order today, excited to go lift but got uni to go to. Will report back tonight on how the liquid chalk goes. I did try a little bit of the liquid chalk and it leaves like a thin, white, chalky residue on your hands and your hands feel "grippy". The liquid is basically like a hand sanitiser.

I did look up what lifting chalk was made of and its magnesium carbonate, so if the kid chalk was made of magnesium carbonate then I guess it would be the same?

does that chalk actually work the same as the ones from the store?

edit: i've already ordered 20$ worth of proper chalk and I know that pavement chalk vs PL chalk is different compounds lol

One is Calcium Carbonate and the other is Magnesium Carbonate. I would imagine that actual gym chalk is softer and grinds up easier covering your hands better

Do not bring powder chalk through an airport. I realize I had some when I was in the air going to Malaysia. I would have gotten shot for it

Do not bring powder chalk through an airport. I realize I had some when I was in the air going to Malaysia. I would have gotten shot for it

Woops, I took my chalk through Heathrow, Singapore and Adelaide on my way here lmao

First of all I have to say that chalk made a HUGE difference to my workout. It was either the chalk or a placebo effect but i'm leaning more towards the chalk.

Not once did I need to stop and regrip the bar for my DL.

Liquid chalk: Good for what it is, obviously not as good as solid chalk but gets the job done. One thing I realised was that I had to keep reapplying it after each set, but all in all good stuff.

Lifting chalk: DAMN this stuff is awesome. Brought a little bag along to the gym and chalked my hands in the bag trying not to make a mess. very good stuff

Yeah it's awesome.. my deadlifts really improved using chalk. What i use to do was keep it in a zip lock bag and carry a small hand towel to wipe down the gear after using it and never got no complaints.