• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Clients and strength training

TrentZor

It wasnt until last few weeks of alot of my new clients that ive seen the fire in the belly from strength training and what it provides.

Karina for example started training at the gym for 2 months now. She had never done any form of strength training. I dont know if pump classes fit into this picture and she was doing it for a few years.

Her initial lifts were 40/BAR/50.. She like most newbies to strength had numerous weak areas and this was normal. She was quite intimidated at training at PTC syd due to the look and feel of the gym and seeing big numbers lifted.

After some co-ercing from chris (splashman). She joined up fulltime and i put her on a program..

Now 2 months later and into week 9 of her program.
Her figures are 75/37.5/92.5 ..

The glint in her eye yesterday as she gave it her all to pull a deadlift PB of 92.5 and her ecstatic jumps of joy is the reason i love strength coaching (myself and scotty agree with this).
Although the figures are good. Its the fact she now eats healthy is smoking less and has lost weight and gone down 2 dress sizes.

She doesnt know it but she has the strength bug and is now chasing the numbers. This alone will be a good reason for her to keep training for many years to come as i slowly give her more periodised programs to slowly get her to 100kg dead and beyond.

Food for thought.

It's threads like these that make me believe with hard work anything can be achieved!

You sound like great coach