• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Comp at my local gym

Azz

Hey guys, this is my first post but I have been looking around on here for a while :].

Okay so my gym is having a little competition, it's all a bit of fun but I was wondering if I could get some strategy going :p, and wanted some suggestions. Okay so it goes like this:

3 set circruit consisting of:

Close grip chin up (bodyweight)
&
Flat bench press (3/4 of your body weight)
So my body weight is 72kg, (72x0.75= 54kg bench) - Right?

2 min break in between sets.

The total amount of reps will be counted and recorded.

I've never really trained for endurance to be honest, and never done close grip chins. Okay so I'd like some ideas on the best way to go about it, is it a matter of going as hard as I can for every set, or conserve a bit of energy for maximum reps?

And there is a prize for the winner! Haha. Not sure what though.

(p.s I'm gonna do it on Monday so no preperation time :p)

The lighter you are the easier the chins will be haha, seriously, who cares, just do your best and have fun.
Posted via Mobile Device

Any time limit on the sets? If not just rest pause push, rest pause push. At least on the bench :D

Any time limit on the sets? If not just rest pause push, rest pause push. At least on the bench :D

Nah I don't think there is a time limit on sets, currently the top mark is 115 reps total lol. I'll just do my best and have fun :), will be awesome.

And I will give an update after I finish, let you all know how I went haha.

Just giving an update on how I went with the little comp, just got home from the gym after completing it and I must say that was F-ing hard! Haha.

My results were:

Chins attempt 1: 30 reps
Bench attempt 1: 30 reps

Chins attempt 2: 21 reps
Bench attempt 2: 20 reps

Chins attempt 3: 16 reps
Bench attempt 3: 17 reps

Total = 134.

I am currently EQUAL first, omg- just ONE more rep and I would be winning haha, oh well it was all a bit of fun :). I think it was a pretty good effort seeing as I have never trained for endurance. I had the biggest pump and was so screwed towards the end >_>