• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Crazy Idea. plus, some bonus rambling! aaahhh

GHOSTrun

Is there a way to workout how long your body takes to digest food (i.e. get it out your stomach)?

Might be a crazy idea but wouldn't this be a good way for me to workout meal portion size for desired daily meal frequency? (without feeling like a stuffed animal all day or starving like an ethiopian)

Me: I'm 66kg @ 5'7, so trying to get bigger.

I think my attempts at consistant eating have always failed because either my portion sizes are too big and by the 2nd/third meal I'm stuffed full and can't eat again for another 4-6hrs, or, they're too small/the meal is too bland and I starve so have no choice but to eat more which then throws the planned meals out the window or drives me insane from trying to live on 5 x protein shake + banana 'meals' during the day etc.

*sigh* why is it so hard :(

Even if I try and keep it simple, 4-6 planned protein shakes a day to get close to my required daily protein intake, after the 2nd shake I can't....I don't know why, but some subconcious shit takes over and yeah. I don't remember ever having more than 3 protein shakes a day. It's like I'd rather starve then have another one. I hate them. 2-3 is all I can bring myself to drink a day.

I don't get how I can smash a 600ml coke like it's nothing, but it seriously takes me 10-20mins to down a 400ml milk/water with 2 scoops of powder mixed in. If I drink it fast I puke. If I force myself to drink it I puke. Sometimes I've finished the shake and I puke for no apparent reason. WTF. Doesn't matter if it's with water or milk. I've tried a few different protein powders - all give the same result. I am yet to find a protein powder I enjoy and like to drink.

Do you look forward to having a protein shake? Is it something you are hanging out to have? I don't look forward to them. It's a huge chore to me. I know I should drink one instead of a coke, orange juice, v, redbull, gatorade, or even water. How do I fix this? Why does this problem exist? What causes it? I 'want' to drink it because I know it will make me big and strong, yet, I don't/can't because it is so undesireable to me. I have no appetite for it.

When I'm organised this is a good days eating:

Meal 1: x3 scrambled whole eggs, toast with penut butter, orange juice, fruit. (I don't like oats)

Meal 2: Protein shake (30-40g) + whatever

Meal 3: 300g Tuna with steamed veg, sweet n sour sauce and salt n pepper, glass of milk

Meal 4: protein shake (30-40g) + whatever

Meal 5: whatever is on the dinner table and milk/coke/orange juice/protein shake (whatever i feel like to drink)

Meal 6: 500g cottage cheese, almonds

Also try to have fish oil, multivitamin and glucoasmine.

When I'm not organised it's just coffee, coffee, coffee, energy drink, chicken tenders from cafe, or meatball sub with no salad, and 1-2 protein shakes during the day.

1. Buy some charcoal tablets.
2. Take 5 grams on an empty stomach. Note the time specifically.
3. Look for dark stool when you go to the bathroom.
4. When you see the dark stool appear, this is your bowel transit time.
• If it's been less than 12 hours, usually this indicates that you're not absorbing all of your nutrients.
• If it's been 12 - 24 hours, this is usually perfect transit time.
• If it's been more than 24 hours, food is sitting in your colon for too long. This can indicate a potential problem as substances that are supposed to get eliminated can make their way back into the bloodstream, not to mention increase the risk of colon diseases.

Taken from a John Meadows article on Tnation.

Cup of concrete for you ghosty!

You know what you need to do.

Milk and peanut butter sandwiches. 500ml milk and a massive peanut butter sanga 3 times a day on top of regualr eating will bulk you up.

Cup of concrete for you ghosty!

You know what you need to do.

Milk and peanut butter sandwiches. 500ml milk and a massive peanut butter sanga 3 times a day on top of regualr eating will bulk you up.

Also add olive oil and or butter to most of your food.

NIcks on a winner there,

people forget milk is about 3-4% protein, so 400ml of milk 12-16g strait up with out powders.

I just drink milk when i find shakes are a bit undesirable, or add some milo, makes it even easier to drink, plus a small protein and carb hit from it..

I actually get unflavored protein and use milo as the flavour, for my shakes.

Peanut butter is also great, again 23% protein, plus all those oils for energy..

Edited because my brain stopped working.

Last edited:
NIcks on a winner there,

people forget milk is about 8-10% protein, so 400ml of milk 30-40g strait up with out powders.

I just drink milk when i find shakes are a bit undesirable, or add some milo, makes it even easier to drink, plus a small protein and carb hit from it..

I actually get unflavored protein and use milo as the flavour, for my shakes.

Peanut butter is also great, again 10% protein, plus all those oils for energy..

Milk is 3-4% protein and peanut butter 20-25%.

Milk is 3-4% protein and peanut butter 20-25%.

Doaah,

I was remembering the approx per serve values.

currently mine is 8g per 250ml for milk 3.2%
and 22.5g per 100g peanut butter. 22.5%

Thanks for the correction.... either way they are good for ya!

Might give the charcoal tabs a go; thanks for that Mitch.

No exaggeration, I shit at least twice a day, sometimes 3 or 4 times. What can you do to help the body absorb nutrients?

1. Buy some charcoal tablets.
2. Take 5 grams on an empty stomach. Note the time specifically.
3. Look for dark stool when you go to the bathroom.
4. When you see the dark stool appear, this is your bowel transit time.
• If it's been less than 12 hours, usually this indicates that you're not absorbing all of your nutrients.
• If it's been 12 - 24 hours, this is usually perfect transit time.
• If it's been more than 24 hours, food is sitting in your colon for too long. This can indicate a potential problem as substances that are supposed to get eliminated can make their way back into the bloodstream, not to mention increase the risk of colon diseases.

Taken from a John Meadows article on Tnation.

I already have a dark coloured stool in my bathroom , it's dark green

it's a bogger/dunny/crapper/toilet , not a bathroom