• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

creatine brand

dorraj

hey guys has anyone used or heard anything good about this creatine brand?

MAX'S Cre8 Carnage - Creatine Concentrate 750g

Nope,
Just buy plain Mono, heard plenty of good things about that.

Max's will charge you for cheap fillers.

Nope,
Just buy plain Mono, heard plenty of good things about that.

Max's will charge you for cheap fillers.

I'd be interested to know which of these you consider a cheap filler.
Here are the ingredients.
Pure Pharmaceutical Grade Beta-Alanine, Creatine Ethyl Ester, Tri-Creatine Malate, Micronised Creatine Monohydrate, Creatine HCl, L-Histidine, Arginine Alphaketoglutarate Creatine Anhydrous, Creatine Gluconate, Di Creatine Malate, Tri Creatine Orotate.

Well I'd argue why 8 types of creatine is required, when there is no scientific backing that 8 types is better than 1. It's a gimick. Also it has arginine, BA, which is not creatine, so if you only wanted creatine you pay for other ingredients not wanted?
Mono has scientific backing.
Also how much does all this cost?
1kg of mono should not cost more than $30-40

Last edited:
dymatize creatine monohydrate. 100% pharmaceutical grade. and all it has in it is CREATINE!! no other added fillers. and you pay $40 for 1.1kg

dont waste your money on brands like max's. when you will get exactly the same thing for half the price. jay from aminoz sells dymatize.

alex

Well I'd argue why 8 types of creatine is required, when there is no scientific backing that 8 types is better than 1. It's a gimick. Also it has arginine, BA, which is not creatine, so if you only wanted creatine you pay for other ingredients not wanted?
Mono has scientific backing.
Also how much does all this cost?
1kg of mono should not cost more than $30-40
I understand where your coming from but 8 or 1 type of creatine the advantages of the creatine are still there.
Beta alanine may not yet have the same scientific backing as creatine yet, but it is heading that way as a supplement, and that would work well with creatine.
As for the AKG the way I understand it its there as a way to increase uptake also leaving you the option to mix your own sugar based drink eg juice or whatever to increase its uptake once again, they could have just put sugar and flavouring in there buut the last thing anyone wants to do is pay $70 for sugar and there are alot of companies doing this, so you have to give them credit for that.

Its 750g and I sell it for $69.95 as an example that I worked out if purchase as bulk amounts in each ingredient of 1kg to get a similar mix at 750g when your mix it yourself the cost would be just over $45 the cost goes up if you purchased smaller amounts of AKG, L-histidine and BA. This price was also calculated with Creatine mono instead of the 8 different ones.
So just for convenience I would say it isnt a bad buy but I would be a little happier if they sold it a little bigger to bring the cost down a bit.
I also wouldn't call it a Creatine supplement alone as such but more of a creatine beta alanine supplement.

As for Maxs charging for cheap fillers. This isnt a practice that maxs takes part in, there was one incident that I know of that they were caught out, but it wasnt maxs it was the company the production of that product was outsourced to which was since fixed. Outsourcing is also common practice for this industry.

Sorry about the rant guys lol but can you tell I have this one in my stash.

i got 1kg of creatine monohydrate which you can have for $35
bought it from bulknutrients

Last edited:
I understand where your coming from but 8 or 1 type of creatine the advantages of the creatine are still there.
Beta alanine may not yet have the same scientific backing as creatine yet, but it is heading that way as a supplement, and that would work well with creatine.
As for the AKG the way I understand it its there as a way to increase uptake also leaving you the option to mix your own sugar based drink eg juice or whatever to increase its uptake once again, they could have just put sugar and flavouring in there buut the last thing anyone wants to do is pay $70 for sugar and there are alot of companies doing this, so you have to give them credit for that.

Its 750g and I sell it for $69.95 as an example that I worked out if purchase as bulk amounts in each ingredient of 1kg to get a similar mix at 750g when your mix it yourself the cost would be just over $45 the cost goes up if you purchased smaller amounts of AKG, L-histidine and BA. This price was also calculated with Creatine mono instead of the 8 different ones.
So just for convenience I would say it isnt a bad buy but I would be a little happier if they sold it a little bigger to bring the cost down a bit.
I also wouldn't call it a Creatine supplement alone as such but more of a creatine beta alanine supplement.

As for Maxs charging for cheap fillers. This isnt a practice that maxs takes part in, there was one incident that I know of that they were caught out, but it wasnt maxs it was the company the production of that product was outsourced to which was since fixed. Outsourcing is also common practice for this industry.

Sorry about the rant guys lol but can you tell I have this one in my stash.
It is a bad buy and an expensive buy. I'll take the $35 1kilo anyday. B.A can also be bought in bulk much cheaper, for that case so can the AAKG. Thumbs down for Max's expensiveness.
BTW, how much are they paying you per hour?

BTW, how much are they paying you per hour?
No one pays me to support them, I tell everyone what I personally think of each product that I sell, if someone asks me about a product that isnt much chop, Ill let them know and show them something else even if the cost is a quarter of the price.
I would prefer someone walking out of the store I work in with nothing, but informed, than to walk having spent $100 on a product they dont need.

It is a bad buy and an expensive buy. I'll take the $35 1kilo anyday. B.A can also be bought in bulk much cheaper, for that case so can the AAKG. Thumbs down for Max's expensiveness.
As for the Cre8 Carnage all I was saying is that when broken down the cost wasnt too extravagant and instead of having individual 1kg bags of ingredients laying around forever, for 90% of the world this isnt practical and no mixing involved, maybe for alot of us here it is practical as our lives revolve around this stuff.

The reality is that smaller amounts of products costs more not for the ingredients, but for the packaging, no different to every other company in the world.
Why would maxs bring out a basic creatine mono, that market is covered obviously, they bought out something a little more unique which is good for those wanting something different.

You may not agree but as far as Im concerned its closed minded of you to tell everyone that it sucks and costs too much, and it would be better to offer options instead.
I know its hard modding a forums where there are questions everyday about creatine and its easier to shut it down than to explain the options.

I stand by the fact that the cost of this product and what your getting in it including packaging prices isnt overpriced keeping in mind that it isnt just a creatine so $35 a kilo doesnt apply.

Last edited:
Hey it's your opinion and i respect your opinion. If guys want to spend the extra dollars to buy it good for them, but I have tried numerous similar products and have found them not to live up to expectations.