• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Critique My Bulking Workout Program Please

robbo14

This is my program please Critique
Buying:

80KG Rubber Coated Standard Dumbbells
115kg Olympic Weights + Barbell (to start with)
Commercial Flat/Incline Bench
Power Rack (If i dont make it myself)

Monday: Shoulders And Abs

Seated/standing Barbell Military Press: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Standing Lateral Raise: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Seated Side Rear Delt Raise: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Front Dumbbell Raise: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Dumbbell Shrug: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Knee/Hip Raise On Parallel Bars: 3 sets to failure
Crunches: 3 sets to failure

Tuesday: Legs
Barbell Squat: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
Dumbbell Lunges : 3 sets of 12-15 reps
Leg Extensions: 3 sets of 18-20 reps
Romanian Deadlift : 3 sets of 12-15 reps
Stiff-Legged Barbell Deadlift: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
Standing Calf Raises: 3 sets of 12-15 reps

Thursday: Chest, Triceps And Abs
Incline Dumbbell Press: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Barbell Bench Press: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Incline Dumbbell Flyes: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Dumbbell Flyes: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Dumbbell Triceps Extension : 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Lying EZ Triceps Press: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Weighted Dips: 3 sets of max reps
Leg Raise: 3 sets to failure
Heel Touches: 3 sets to failure

Friday: Back And Biceps
Pull-Up: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
Bent Over Barbell Row: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
One-Arm Dumbbell Row: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
Barbell Deadlift: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
Barbell Curl: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Hammer Curls: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Concentration Curls: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Last edited:
polls_Mr__Horse_by_Ren_and_Stimpy_Club_1611_176189_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

Skip the dumbells and buy more plates. The fact you posted that routine tells us you're a beginner. Check out either Markos' beginner program at the top of this page or Starting Strength (whatever appeals to you) and give one of those a go.

Where's the evidence that i'm a beginner?

Not enough compounds? Too many isolates?
Posted via Mobile Device

Not wanting to pay gym membership hense starting the home gym

Last edited:
Too much of everything except food.

Check out the beginners thread and post up your food intake.
Posted via Mobile Device

Where's the evidence that i'm a beginner?

The fact that you only need 115kg of weight is a pretty big clue.

The terrible program you posted gives a few subtle hints, to :D

As mentioned, there are a number of effective beginner programs out there (Starting Strength, Westside for Skinny Bastards, etc), pick one and stick to it.

But that's the same program all teh pro'z use... How could it be wrong...?

I know you're being sarcastic but that reminds me -

went to kroc's page on muscletech. They had a 'kroc routine' which involved 5 days working out, 1000lb squats and a whole bunch of other crap.

I've been following krocs log for over a year. I know its a kroc of shit (see what I did there?)

I bet you anything most of the 'pro' routines are ghost written.

Ok after a bit of reading the beginner program it is, will buy around 180kg olympics rubber coated from gym direct this week...

Compounds will be

3 sets of 10 reps x 3 times a week
Squats
Bench Press
SLDL
Bent Rows
Pull ups
Military Press
Dips?
Question in regards to military press, ive always done them in front but I saw some one was saying behind the neck, does it really matter?
Posted via Mobile Device

also a good abs excercise? Mix it up with leg raises, crunchs, bikes etc?

Last edited:
Do them in front of you. When will u ever need to press anything behind your neck in a real life situation. You can do them from behind if you want to mix it up a little but only if you have good shoulder flexibility. If you don't then I'd avoid behind the neck. You've gotta think about risk versus reward.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ok after a bit of reading the beginner program it is, will buy around 180kg olympics rubber coated from gym direct this week...

Compounds will be

3 sets of 10 reps x 3 times a week
Squats
Bench Press
SLDL
Bent Rows
Pull ups
Military Press
Dips?
Question in regards to military press, ive always done them in front but I saw some one was saying behind the neck, does it really matter?
Posted via Mobile Device

also a good abs excercise? Mix it up with leg raises, crunchs, bikes etc?
If you're going to do that program I'd structure it like so:
1. Squats 3-4x10
2.a) Bench Press 3x10
2.b) Pull ups 3x10
3. SLDL 3x10
4.a) Bent Rows 2-3x10
4.b) Military Press 2-3x10
5. Abs - Rollouts are a fave of mine. Add a plank hold til failure to bust your balls.

Can the dips, they're not needed if your doing all of the above.

With regard to military press, I love behind the neck, it just seems so much more badass than in front. Standard rules apply though. Warm up well beforehand and work up with light weights. As with any exercise you're asking for injury if you go too heavy too soon. Form always > weight.

Howdy robbo14,

First off: training at home is fine. Look how even top pros these days are taking this option.

At then end of the day, your posted routine looks quite thorough, however perhaps it is a little too thorough. Start off with basic mass movements and then add mroe exercises in as necessary.

But don;t forget that YOU need to find what works for YOU. The net has a ton of great programs but try and experiment a little. Just don't let 'experimenting' be an excuse for not training legs! Isn't it funny that when people start a new routine, the first 'new' day is always chest or arms!

Thx Michael, I did a similar program during preseason one year, put on 7kg... Will never miss a leg workout due to weak hamstrings and cronic shin splints
Posted via Mobile Device