• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Critique my Routine

Forza_Onore

Hey this is what ive been doing for a year or so with a few mods here & there. Definately gaining muscle mass, but feel its a little repetitive. I try push a few more reps out or add some weight to avoid muscle boredom.

Day 1= Dec. Chest, Tris & Abs
Day 2= Legs & Shoulders (Legs are lagging but working on it)
Day 3= Back & Bis
Day 4= Inc. Chest, Tris & Abs
Day 5= Back & Bis
Day 6= Legs & Shoulders
Day 7= Rest

Day 1 (No spotter on my own sad but true)
Warm up-Dec. Bench 3x8
Dec. Bench 4x8-10
Dec. Close Grip Bench 3x10
DB Pull Overs 3x12
Dec. Flys 3x12
Warm up- Tricept Pulldowns 3x16
Skullcrushers 3x10
Seated DB Extensions 3x10
Weighted situps 3x20
Leg Raises 3x20
Hanging leg Raises 3x10 Only just started these
Day 2
Squats 3x8
Seated Leg Curls 3x10
Hamstring Curls 3x10
Calf Raises 3x12
Seated DB Press 3x10 Superset
Alt. Front Raises 3x10 Superset
Lateral Raises 3x10 Superset
Upright Rows 3x10 Superset
Shrugs 3x10
Day 3
Pull ups 3x12
Warmup Deadlift 3x8
Deadlift 3x6
One Arm Rows 3x8
Rev. Y Curls 3x18
Pull ups 1x16 or to failure
Warm up Curls 3x8 (use my tower200)
Preacher curls 3x6-8
Concentration Curls 3x6-8
Standing Curls 3x10

Basically repeat this but with Incline for chest & when i do shoulders again ill try avoid heavier presses & do more light weight raises & upright rows with higher reps. In the attempt to isolate rear, middle & front Delt more effectively. Also injured so need to play it by ear according to injury. Also no heavy lifts all realatively light weight in the scheme of things.

Any input would be appreciated.

I would consider that an advanced routine.

Just think about this.

You are doing 3 sets for quads (squats) the largest and strongest muscle.

Now there's 15 sets of biceps not to mention the workout they already get doing
Pull Ups and rows etc.

Does this seem right to you????

Does not seem right to me.

I don't like your routine.

Definately agree with the Advanced routine.
Huh curling everyday??? Doesnt sound right mate, muscles need to repair working them daily gives no time to repair. Unless every Personal trainer i know & Flex fitness Magazine is wrong.
So Shrek to clarify are you saying im possibly over-training Bi's & undertraining Quads. I Definately agree with the Quads bit my legs are by far my weakest.
If I worked quads more would you like my routine? What about the rest of my routine Shrek?

current weight?

curent lifts?

goals?

info we need to critique your programme........ no matter what level your at it needs work mate.

How much do you lift? (Squat, Dead, Bench & OH Press)

How tall are you?

What do you weigh?

EDIT. Chris beat me to it :(

current weight?

curent lifts?

goals?

info we need to critique your programme........ no matter what level your at it needs work mate.

Im 78kg & 5'11'' Bench 90kg, Preacher Curl 38kg, Deadlift 120kg, Military Press 50kg.
Cant squat very much as i dont have a squat rack:( Bit sad i know.

As for goals i want to be lean & ripped all year round. Would like to squat more & Bench more plus tidy up symmetry.

Dont understand how my routine is terrible if its an advanced routine & i can see it through isnt that good. Confused but taking in all advice.

Last edited:
Im 78kg used to be a lot less:) Bench 90kg, Preacher Curl 38kg, Deadlift 120kg, Military Press 50kg.
Cant squat very much as i dont have a squat rack:( Bit sad i know.

As for goals i want to be lean & ripped all year round. Would like to squat more & Bench more plus tidy up symmetry.

Dont understand how my routine is terrible if its an advanced routine & i can see it through isnt that good. Confused but taking in all advice.

The reason it is bad is because you are doing an advanced routine and you arent an advanced lifter.

You should try a beginners program.

Last edited:
Ok been thinking the same thing boys. To clarify am i possibly getting less results because im over-training.
Time to join a gym & get a PT i reckon.

Cheers

Ok been thinking the same thing boys. To clarify am i possibly getting less results because im over-training.
Time to join a gym & get a PT i reckon.

Cheers

Bad idea. Majority of PT's are useless.

There is a gym in WA called Muscle Pit. I have heard great things about it and there are some guys on here who train there. I would be looking into them bud.

You would be getting less results because you havent built your "Foundation" yet. Get strong first, then if you want to incorporate more "Bodybuilding" type lifts.

Good luck.

I got big legs when I was on reduced calories and only Squatting.
2 sets of 15 and 20 reps on the squats 3 x a week is plenty to get your quads big.
Seriously I think people fear hard work, how can anyone maintain intensity or work hard whilst having a million exercises a day.

The PTC beginners program or any other that focuses on the basic compound movements is perfect.

I lolled too haha.

And as BigJim said a lot of PTs are useless (and that's coming from a PT lol).

My theory is that your body moves and grows as a whole so you should train as a whole.
I haven't done any upper body exercises in the last 2-3 weeks yet if anything I look bigger just from squatting (and I think my BF% has dropped from squatting too)
Dancelot (?) had a similar experience too - increased the size of his upper body ONLY training legs

I've done 60kgx8 before, although now I am focusing on building an epic peak, so I have dropped the weight, and going for more high reps with a big squeeze in the middle Part of the lift.

I will report back with my results in September!!!