• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Cutting and Fat Loss advice for 193cm/95.5kg, 23 Year Old

D3IZ3L

Hi Everyone,

First post seeking fitness advice ever. I have in the past been able to find whatever it was that I needed to know but now I need to get an idea of something that is a bit more tailored towards my size and physique.

I have started taking my fitness and health seriously over the last 6 months, however I had been working out on a non regular basis before then on and off since 2010.

Over the last 6 months I have gone from about 95 kg start weight, burned ALOT of fat the first month and a half (down to 90kg, I was pretty out of shape), and then the remaining 4 and a half months have done a reasonably clean bulk back up to 95.5kg with less fat and more lean mass.

I am now wanting to cut up for the summer. I have been eating roughly 3100-3500 calories a day when bulking, 40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% fat, give or take a few percent each way.

I believe I have got the cutting diet correct based on some research - and have just started it yesterday.

It is as follows;

Am aiming for 2500-2900 calories a day and then adjusting accordingly, from what I have read I don't want to lose weight to quickly as it will make my body prone to putting too much fat back on later.

In terms of macros, looking at around about 25% carbs, 45% protein, 30% fat.

Meals per day are 6, with shakes in morning and post workout. Carbs more in the morning, first thing.

In terms of other supps, have been taking Muscle Pharm Assualt for my Pre and started a cycle of Muscle Pharm Shred Matrix yesterday, 3 tabs morning and 3 before lunch.

Now what is abit daunting for me is my cutting workout routine.

I have been looking at a few online because I really want to mix it up a bit, (I do however feel that If I kept doing what I was doing now I would lose body fat regardless, based purely on the diet as I seem to pack on the kilos when I eat high carbs).

The last two days I have already noticed my belly decrease in size.

Routine wise I am a little confused, but what I want to know is if something like this;

w ww.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/24-doug---s-5-day-high-definition-routine.html

Is going to be overkill, it seems just too many reps etc etc, the last thing I want to do is lose muscle, I want to keep what I have worked hard to gain over the last 6 months.

I was thinking of maybe doing this;

w ww.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/power-muscle-burn-5-day-powerbuilding-split.html

It is slightly more intense than my current training that I do, and uses a wider variety of exercises than I currently do. I know it is tailored more toward people bulking, but from what I understand, dropping body fat has ALOT to do with diet?

If I was to do this surely I wouldn't lose muscle? If I am pushing myself hard enough I'm thinking I may even gain? I'm just worried that the 5 day high definition routine will burn lots of fat but also lots of muscle, and the 5 day power burn looks like it could be a better option as it is more intense than what I have been doing whilst bulking.

That is VERY long winded but I would appreciate thoughts/opinions not just on the workout routine, but anything else that you all may feel can be tweaked.

Thanks
smile.gif

Darryl

Throw up some pictures, so people can see where your at, muscle and bodyfat wise, then they can assess you more easily.

For calories i would suggest using the harris benedict formula to find out ur calorie maintenance level, then eat around 500 calories under that. As for macros have 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight and whats left use for carbs and fat.

Dear extremely long poster,

You are too skinny, no cutting for you. I am 2cm shorter and at 95kg people thought i was too lanky. Keep eating and lifting hard and think about the long term rather than one summer.

Stop doing crap routines for a start.

I didnt see a bf % listed there, do you know what it is? I ask because theres no point cutting if you dont have any muscle mass hiding underneath. 95kg at that height is not that heavy.

Stop doing crap routines for a start.

I didnt see a bf % listed there, do you know what it is? I ask because theres no point cutting if you dont have any muscle mass hiding underneath. 95kg at that height is not that heavy.

Adult males are 200#

Dear extremely long poster,

You are too skinny, no cutting for you. I am 2cm shorter and at 95kg people thought i was too lanky. Keep eating and lifting hard and think about the long term rather than one summer.

What dave said, bodybuilding is about ongoing progress over long periods of time, short bulk and cuts are garbage, If your to skinny you need to bulk, for a long period 1-2 years, muscle gain is a slow slow progress. Doing short bulk and cutting stints will get you nowhere.

Pics or BF% would help.

He may already be getting a bit pudgy? In that case a mini cut could be a good idea before going back to bulking.

Thanks for the feedback guys. jzpowahz, I feel I am, especially round my waist. Will try and sort some pics out tonight. In terms of body fat I don't know exactly but am thinking probably about 22% based on a rough calculator thing.

Note, I don't want to become a bodybuilder.

I will use Usain Bolt as an example, he is 195cm tall, and weighs in at 94 kg and is ripped as hell. Yes I do acknowledge that he is a prof. athlete but at that height and that weight you can look biggish. He is proof.

hey mate I am currently doing the power muscle burn 4 day split, I like the fact that your hitting most bases,

there no need to worry about losing muscle, If your counting calories and going by the book, there's not much more you can do.

Very little should go wrong.

just workout however you like and taper down the calories if needed.

good luck with your cut

This. He looks like a human whippet, runs like one too.

It surprises me that people use him as an example of a muscular physique, he's thin for a sprinter and not as defined as many other sprinters.
At his height he'd have to be a hell of a lot heavier to look muscular.

He runs with his shoulders, and notice the lack of calf ant rather large butt.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QrlPmK4B94&feature=youtube_gdata_player]100m USAIN BOLT SLOW MOTION ART OF SPRINTING FASTEST MAN - YouTube[/ame]

It surprises me that people use him as an example of a muscular physique, he's thin for a sprinter and not as defined as many other sprinters.
At his height he'd have to be a hell of a lot heavier to look muscular.

because he looks better than 90% of people on a internet forum lol

^^ What bazza said, can't assess properly without photos etc. Photos will give a good approximation of bodyfat.

95kg can be heavy for 194cm, I am 194cm or so and got down to 85kg. I was at least 20% bodyfat at 95kg.

A lot of people seem to be having stabs in the dark. Can't assess without more info. I would try for 15% bodyfat at least before 'bulking'.

If I got ripped now I'm sure I could get down to 90kg-95kg again and my lifts aren't too bad.

I am 193cm, and recently 'cut' to 113kg...If I went to 95kg I'd look like a beanpole....You need not to be cutting at a guess?