• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Dan Macri - Australia's Strongest Man

Good call, I was expecting that one. Those my 50kg plates a bit more useful then those bars mentioned before.

dont all the strongman call themselves the strongest man?

I thought warrick brant was the winning strongman btw?

Who knows

Brant can front squat like a mofo but from what I've heard him and Boyer won't go head to head so they both claim themselves as the strongest lol

Depends on how you would describe more useful

I'd likely use the bars more than any 50kg plates

Agreed, I personally think all those bar's are a gimmick (except the bulldog bar and similar bars that are just really strong normal bars). If Andrey Malanichev can reach a 450kg raw squat without bloody bow bars, bandbells bar and cambered bar, then clearly I won't need them. I could be wrong, but from what I have read and seen him and those strong russain don't use them and squat more raw then 90% of the westside guys do with double ply.

They're not squats, they're box squats and its quite high. Well above parallel. Still a strong ass dude, but just sayin'

Cheers,
Mike

With that cambered bar and a box with foam on it, I doubt it was any easier then a normal straight bar squat.