• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Daryl and Jack

One thing I like about this forum, at others when you break Rule #1,264 of the internet and say those magic words, "I don't know," well at those other forums people take the chance to stick the boot in. Here the person who does know just steps on up and explains things.

Very true, Kyle, and exactly why I also enjoy this forum. BB.Com is sometimes almost as bad as reading the comments on youtube, similar brain-dead mentality.

I find that even the effort that the regulars make to say g'day to the newbies on that 'introduce yourself' thread is a good indicator of the spirit of the forum. Plenty of great info to be found here, in a helpful, rather than hostile atmosphere. What more could you ask for?

Fadi has told us that when at AIS used to work out every day for most of the day, but he also ate 13,500kcal daily, had afternoon naps and a good sleep at night, too. Plus massages and saunas and other things to help recovery. Correct me if I'm wrong, Fadi. The ordinary bloke living on meat pies and beer is really going to struggle even with just one session a week.

Kyle is right DKD; the intensity of my training was more than matched by the intensity of my recovery. There you go; I've just come up with a new term (or new level) for recovery itself!

In a nutshell, for as long as the workout is balanced with appropriate recovery, then you can train 8 times a week the way I used to and still recover well.

The above is easier said than done for the following reasons:

• Can you guarantee a great appetite to ingest the huge amount of nutrients needed to facilitate muscle as well as nerve recovery?
  • Can you guarantee that after ingesting the necessary nutrients that you would actually digest and absorb them properly?
  • Can you guarantee a restful night of sleep where instead of thinking about work and mortgage payment, you instead think about how you’re going to blast through your workout and possibly smash your PBs?
  • Can you guarantee an immensely positive atmosphere where everyone around you is on the same positive page?

That’s what I mean by high intensity recovery.

Fadi.

Most try and match their diet to their lifting.

I prefer people match their lifting to their diet.

Most should just do 3 sets of kickbacks and call it a day.

It is far easier for most to lower their training effort than raise their food intake.

Most try and match their diet to their lifting.

I prefer people match their lifting to their diet.

Most should just do 3 sets of kickbacks and call it a day.

It is far easier for most to lower their training effort than raise their food intake.

Markos, for me personally, my eating has always followed the path of my training. By that I mean if I’m training hard, then I automatically (through an increase/decrease in appetite) eat accordingly and vice versa. However I agree with you fully that it is much easier to lower the intensity of training than it is to increase the ingestion of calories.

Fadi.

However I agree with you fully that it is much easier to lower the intensity of training than it is to increase the ingestion of calories.

Thank god I have never had that problem, always hungry :)
Posted via Mobile Device

My goals are physique related. I think it's a hell of a lot better to have a physique to be truly proud of than to be able to lift 20 or 30 kgs more than the next guy. PTC mentioned that Daryl has a great physique, but for every Daryl, how many strength-focussed guys are there that are bulky and dense-muscled (and slightly chubby) rather than truly ripped. PTC said hmself that Derkaderka looked better than 99% of the guys on this forum and he did a split routine.

I watched a good video recently from a pro bodybuilder named Cottrell Porter. He really drums it into the viewer during the video that "the objective is to work the muscle, not move the weight". He doesn't even deadlift or squat, and has a great physique.

I can see your point of view DKD and if a split routine allows you to achieve your goals quicker/better than a full body routine then do it. The view of the competitive lifters may be different because their goals are different. However the best bodybuilders are freaky strong too - plenty of guys in here say "with strength comes size" while others from a bodybuilding view may say "a large muscle is a strong muscle". Different emphasis on goals and training even if they look the same from a beginners point of view (not calling you a beginner DKD) Franko Columbo was known to do 275kg deadlifts. Not a record, but more than most who play the weights game in order to improve their image.
I do full body routines using only compounds because I dont have 5-6 days a week to do hard split routines. A split isnt what I need for my sport anyways. I train to achieve my goals, that's why a lot commercial gyms and PT's come under fire in here. They go for a "one size fits all" approach despite what is detailed in their course/s for people with different goals, attributes and conditions.