• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Deadlift programing.

Think I'm going to buy a piece of 50mm pipe and make my own plate loaded kettlebell....

Tara has 40kg , Matt has 64kg

How many was that?! Bloody good effort.

I did one set of 33 so far with the 64kg and was destroyed.

Grip strength, increased ROM, glutes/lower back work & mental toughness.

Love/hate UDL's :)

I have a home made one and did a pretty easy 20 reps with 110 the first time. Then loaded up 150 and did 10 but it was too akward.

Doing more than 20 reps doesn't interest me in the slightest and I would guess the weight is getting too light to help me my dead if i can do more than 20 anyway.

That was kinda my thinking as well.

Think I'm going to buy a piece of 50mm pipe and make my own plate loaded kettlebell....

If your interested I have drawn up a sketch of a plate loaded T handle for myself as I wanted to get one welded up. Was trying to teach myself CAD and needed something to draw.

I think kungfoo was gonna get one made as well.

interchangable width handles would be a nice feature for a T-handle, 50mm+ for grip, narrower when you aren't focussing so much on grip...

If your interested I have drawn up a sketch of a plate loaded T handle for myself as I wanted to get one welded up. Was trying to teach myself CAD and needed something to draw.

I think kungfoo was gonna get one made as well.

yeah I was thinking that it would just be as simple as getting the 50mm tapped pipe and screwing a plate to one end (bottom) and then having a screw in plug at the other end with an eye attached to it. Then just as simple as attaching a chain to the eye and a handle to the other side of the chain. Then I can just chuck the plates on, screw the cap on and I'm good to go

yeah I was thinking that it would just be as simple as getting the 50mm tapped pipe and screwing a plate to one end (bottom) and then having a screw in plug at the other end with an eye attached to it. Then just as simple as attaching a chain to the eye and a handle to the other side of the chain. Then I can just chuck the plates on, screw the cap on and I'm good to go

Thats not a bad idea. I was thinking along slightly different lines PM me your email I will send you a picture. I reckon you'd be looking at $80 - $100 to have it made up which is shitloads cheaper than a KB and adjustable.

High reps are perfect for UDLs. 30-50 reps per set.
They condition the lower back, build thick erectors, and smash the glutes/hammys/quads.

Ontop of that they build mental toughness, and give a reason to the novices to pull 200kg sooner rather than later.

High reps are perfect for UDLs. 30-50 reps per set.
They condition the lower back, build thick erectors, and smash the glutes/hammys/quads.

Ontop of that they build mental toughness, and give a reason to the novices to pull 200kg sooner rather than later.

^^ this

24/30ish guys pull over 200kg at our gym.

I think we're on the right track.

I'm definitely not saying that your not on the right track.

UDLs are a decent exercise but nothing special. Plenty of big deadlifts have been built without ever even hearing about UDLs. Let's face it, a 200kg deadlift is easily achievable by any bloke of normal size that puts in a bit of effort.

Might look into a T-handle when I can do 50 with the 64kg. That could be a while though I think!

Sticky: do all the girls use the 40kg? I've got a 32kg one which I think will have to do for them for the time being.

Have you made one of those Goose? I doubt you can get those flanges and fittings from bunnings and if you can I would saythey are a lot dearer than $30. Thich wall fire pipe and cast fittings are dear as poison.

It's sitting in my office, I've had it for some time maybe ten years, hardly used the bastard.

How much you reckon gal pipe is these days?
They don't sell footings (the round bit with holes in it) anymore, you'd have better luck at a plumbing supply, you'd think you mental giants would be able to source that yourselves, buy some scrap, a bit of locktite, use a hacksaw, it's not rocket surgery.

It's sitting in my office, I've had it for some time maybe ten years, hardly used the bastard.

How much you reckon gal pipe is these days?
They don't sell footings (the round bit with holes in it) anymore, you'd have better luck at a plumbing supply, you'd think you mental giants would be able to source that yourselves, buy some scrap, a bit of locktite, use a hacksaw, it's not rocket surgery.

I considered making one exactly like yours but my only worry was that the thread would get fucked pretty quickly if you were undoing it and doing it up every time you used it.

Oh well, they only way you'll know is to make one, do it, you know you want to, put it down to experience, live a little.