• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Depression and steroids.

andee84

Just felt I could share my experiences with my last cycle, and perhaps share some advice.

A bit of background.. I've had slight depression and anxiety on and off for about 8 years. I did my 1st cycle about 3 years ago and have done 3 since (all 500ml/wk test e - 8 - 12 weeks).

Last cycle was test e, 500ml/wk cycle with clomid pct (50/50/50/50) 20 days after last pin. I finished PCT about 3 weeks ago now. (Well I didn't finish pct).

My pct this time around was horrible. First week was fine, but second week I felt like absolute shite. I actually got asked to leave work because I was so miserable. I stopped after the 3rd week as it was too much to handle. Since then I've been feeling fairly depressed and anxious.

I just wanted to give a heads up (this is only from my experiences, yours could be greatly different) and say that when you do a cycle and come off, be prepared to feel low of energy and shitty, ESPECIALLY if you are prone to depression or anxiety. The lack of pump at the gym, shitty recovery after working out, and general tiredness is going to be there, as well as low mood. I think that because of this it can be very addictive to certain people (i just want to be back on and feeling good again).

It's been 3 weeks since pct and I'm slowly feeling normal again, but know it's going to take a while (maybe 6 months) to get my normal test levels back. I'm not sure if I'll go back on after what I've just been through and what I still have to go through.

For anyone who has depression or anxiety and are thinking of starting, be aware that when you stop, it will lower your mood quite a bit.

Take care.

Last edited:
Good story mate and a side that you probably don't hear about too often.
Having never used before I'm only guessing but I'd say it's like any drug really, you become addicted to the feeling it gives you and when you come off them, you still crave that. You either stay committed and kick the habit or you get back on.

Is this why a lot of guys on here seem to run low, constant doses of test?

I think so @white_lie ; best to be 'on' , even a trt type dose and never have to come off rather than do pct and the mindjob that can sometimes come along with it.

@andee84 ; do you feel the mental stress was caused by a perceived loss in strength/size you were going through (or anticipating) or was it more physical where you were having zero energy..

I understand some people react adversely to clomid... Can make them very emotional etc..

What was your pct?

You should be aware of all risks before commencing. I think yours is psychological and you need to toughen up or give up the gear.

Hey test-e, I wasn't too worried about gains, more that I felt low and weaker. pct was clomid 50/day for 4 weeks, 20 days after test.

Cliffs -

Injects drugs that that make him feel great for long periods of time suprised to feel like shit when stops taking them cold turkey.

Insightful stuff

Whats pct?

A way of scamming people by convincing them that they need to come off, should come off and a proxy to sell drugs that are needed to come off and are more expensive than just staying on

... Aaaanyways...
[MENTION=17478]andee84[/MENTION]; As pointed out there might be some psychological factors at play here. One of which could be to do with the fact that you are simply coming off and unable to maintain the kind of lifts you were while on?

You mentioned other courses you've done, how were they during pct? what did you do differently this time, if anything?

Being pre-disposed to depression probably doesn't help and may well be a trigger this time round. For whatever reason, you simply weren't effected as much the previous cycles during pct.

Were you running hcg or blasting at the end? Aromasin or Adex at least?

PCT - Clomid 100ed for 2 weeks, 50ed for 2 weeks
Aromasin 25ed for 2 weeks, 12.5ed for 2 weeks
HCG during up until pct 250iu twice weekly

If you know you are pre-disposed to depression, perhaps prepping by way of some anti-depressants, at least during and slightly after pct would have been a good idea?

I know doctors here are very keen to sling scripts around for the things. Things such as allowing more time for rest during this time etc...

The key from what I understand is to do your darndest to train as you were while on during this time with strict adherence to diet as well to try and maintain as much of the gains as you possibly can.

Cliffs -

Injects drugs that that make him feel great for long periods of time suprised to feel like shit when stops taking them cold turkey.

Insightful stuff

How true but its surprising how many on the forums try and convince otherwise.