• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Diet help advice please

YoHoJo

Currently I'm 88kgs looking to recomp my body I read a by thread trentzor and my body fat is around 20% I'm looking for the usual lose fat gain muscle mass, but the way I'm eating now needs to change not that it's bad or anything I need help with what macros to hit an online calculator estimed my daily calorie need at 2600, so I was going for a diet with 2100 cals. Not sure what to eat

Tldr: unsure of macro goals, need help on a diet preferably 3 meals a day

Yohojo.

Eat 3gms or protein per kg of bodyweight and 0.8 gms of fat.

ad the total cals and make up the rest from carbs and vegies.

best of luck.

P.S - Read Max Brenners threads.

Thanks I have read a few he seems like a smart guy that knows his stuff plus has the articles to prove it

So it's as simple as 264 grams of protien and 70.4 grams of fat to aim for, I read some stuff about ratios and saw stuff on keto diets all too confusing

Now the fun part of dividing that into 3 meals and making a plan

3g is a little excessive, 2 is a better number if you have trouble downing lots of protein. 1.5g as an absolute minimum.

Control your calories, eat when you want and stick to your minimum macro numbers for fat and protein and train with weights to preserve muscle mass. Keep it simple and keep track fortnighly of your weight/BF etc.

Watch out for the usual excessive exercise energy expenditure. Use walks and a little cardio if you want to eat a little more food the than 2100 cals.

Good luck.

3g is a little excessive, 2 is a better number if you have trouble downing lots of protein. 1.5g as an absolute minimum.

Control your calories, eat when you want and stick to your minimum macro numbers for fat and protein and train with weights to preserve muscle mass. Keep it simple and keep track fortnighly of your weight/BF etc.

Watch out for the usual excessive exercise energy expenditure. Use walks and a little cardio if you want to eat a little more food the than 2100 cals.

Good luck.
This pretty much. Thank u Dave ;)

Yeah fair points up above - in terms of calories, they're just estimations you will need to adjust accordingly. You won't lose 4553.42kg of muscle by going catabolic a some would have you think if you cut a few extra hundred calories. However certain macros (pro, fat) are going to be pivotal so adjust as necessary. If you're low on CHO, you could probably bump the protein intake to 3g but I would try for ~2g