• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Diet Suggestions

N

nrg71c

Hi Guys,

Im new to all of this.
Recently I decided to join the gym, I'll give you a quick breakdown of my situation and ask questions.

Weight: 105KG
Height: 185cm
Bodyfat % 27ish

I used to be pretty skinny, however I got my licence so instead of riding a bike or walking I drove, I worked at a resturant so my meals would consist of pizza or pasta this has gone on for the last 5 years. When I was younger I wasn't allowed alot of junkfood or softdrink so I went on a rampage with that aswell.

Now the hard part of loosing the weight and building the muscle.
Im not so much worried about my weight more the size and the body fat %.

I have an office job which currently is 8:30-5 with lunch inbetween. (Soon to be 8-4 with 1/2hr lunch)

I have access to
-fridge
-sandwich press
-microwave
-kettle

Currently at the gym Monday Thursday Saturday for about an hour - hour 1/2 and saturday roughtly 2hrs plus 30mins in the sauna.

Im taking roughly 5g of CLA per day and 1 serve of protein.

My main issue is what should I be having through the day whilst at work? (lunch and snacks)

Any other advice would be a great help....

First off, cut your workouts down to an hour, if your training that long, your intensity is crap.
What do your gym workouts consist of?
Eat 5-6 meals per day, each consisting of protien, good carbs and good cat. Heres some examples:
Meal One: 5 eggs, olives, chilli, garlic etc. etc.
Meal two: 150-200g chicken, avocado, vegies, olive oil
Meal three: 250g steak, 1 potatoe, vegies, olive oil
Meal four: 200g fish, green beans, fennel, orange, tomato etc.
Meal 5: 250g cottage cheese.

Weight train 3 days per week, do 2 days cardio, it really is that simple.

Thanks for the fast reply.

Thinking about it the actual workout it a bit shorter as wit the weights my mate and I take turns so im waiting for him to do his reps.

Workout is usually roughly

-Warm Up Bike (5mins)
-Weight's (20 mins)
-Rower (5 mins)
-Treadmill (20 mins)
-Cooldown bike (5mins)

Ditch that workout. here is a routine for you to try.
Squats: 1X20,1X15
SLDL: 2X10
SMP: 2X8
BB Row:2X8
Dips: 5X max
BB Curls:3X8
When you want to do cardio, google tabata thrusters. 4 Minutes of hell.

Your diet is the most important thing, you build muscle and burn fat at the dinner table, not the gym.

What lkt004 said, except this part:

Eat 5-6 meals per day, each consisting of protien, good carbs and good cat. ...

Meow.

:)

You'll also see references to PTC newsletters around here. Recommend you go to PERFORMANCE TRAINING CENTRE in Frankston, VIC - PH: 0404 453 542 - HOME OF THE 200KG DEADLIFT and newsletters 8 and 37 focus specifically on diet (so my web browsing history says) -- great resource.

(I don't know how to make the link more reader-friendly, sorry.)

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I really apprecitate the advice.

mini.... thos newsletters look like a good read ill go over them tonight.

So is it better to have a more instense shorter workout that i tires me out quicker ralther then a longer paced work out which i do for longer?

My wife lasted 23 minutes on a workout i gave her this morning, a million times more effective than a 2 hour slow paced workout.

Where do you get all those gifs from Shrek? You seem to have a never ending supply!