• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Diet with flu/gastro... opinions?

kal-el

I am just getting over the flu and a stomach bug that came along with it, well the stomach bug is still here.

Basically Im barely hungry at all but when I am I crave dry biscuits (shapes) or some very sugary lollies and sometimes ice cream. Thats pretty much all I feel like eating at the moment.

However I have a muscular injury that I am wanting to heel and am concerned a lack of protein will hinder that process. So I am trying to eat protein the only problem is I feel crappy after eating anything but what I mentioned above.

Any one have an opinion on whether I should stick it out and keep trying to get the protein down or whether I should just wait until the stomach issues have gone away and I actually feel like eating?

Its unusual for me to crave lollies etc so much as I normally dont like eating biscuits or many lollies.

I highly recommend against using flu/gastro for dieting proposes!

Hah, I just read my topic headline, thats not how I meant it. I meant I dont feel like eating at all but Im trying to force myself to eat protein. So the bug is making me not want to eat but Im trying to force myself to eat.

Its been 10 days so far that I havent had an apatite. Ive been trying to force myself to eat the past 3-4 days.

Mate eat as healthy as you can, but if you can't get anything else down and keep it down, than go with what you feel like eating. At the end of the day once your good to go you can resume normalness again.

Yeah generally dry stuff.

But, soups and a bit of fruit and veg help replenish fluids/nutrients. Basically whatever you can keep down until it passes. Prick, I know!

Keep up the fluids, gatorade & powerade, not milk or juice. Forget the protein for now, milk arrowroot biscuits as your body accepts them.

Keep up the fluids, gatorade & powerade, not milk or juice. Forget the protein for now, milk arrowroot biscuits as your body accepts them.

Why not milk. Last time I was crook like that didn't eat for 2 days then found i could keep iced coffee big m down for some reason. That was all I had for the next couple days.

Anything is better than nothing. Get down what ever you can

Why not milk. Last time I was crook like that didn't eat for 2 days then found i could keep iced coffee big m down for some reason. That was all I had for the next couple days.

Anything is better than nothing. Get down what ever you can

Milk and dairy make diarrhea worse.
Generally with stomach flu it is best to stick to dry foods and reintroduce dairy as the flu passes.

Milk and dairy make diarrhea worse.
Generally with stomach flu it is best to stick to dry foods and reintroduce dairy as the flu passes.

Its an old wives tale. Just get what ever liquids and foods you can keep down.

I am able to keep the protein in to an extent, I just find it hard to eat it and much easier to eat the other stuff.

When trying to get the protein in Im only getting about 800 cals, if I was to eat what Im craving Id prob be able to get upto 1500.

Truth be told Im just not hungry apart from wanting to snack on sugary stuff every now and then.

Thanks for the replies.